𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟖

IT SEEMED THAT DEREK'S BOLD ATTEMPT AT FIGHTING THE TWINS WAS FUTILE and when Scott removed my arm from around his shoulder and shifted he lasted a matter of minutes before the twins had him pressed up against the wall in a choke hold. Scott had originally passed me along to Stiles and he had wrapped his arm around my waist, holding me protectively when I'd spotted Cora lying on the ground unconscious behind the twins.

We had to save her and while the twins were distracted it was a perfect opportunity. I gripped to Stiles' arm tightly as I looked to him, "Stiles?"

He turned his head to me, his eyes flickering over my face before he held my gaze, "What? What's wrong?" He asked me worriedly.

"Cora." I replied, breaking eye contact and pointing to where she laid on the ground, "We have to help her."

"Okay." He nodded, "But you stay here, all right?"

"If I have to." I grumbled in response though I knew I wouldn't be of much use to him at all. He couldn't grab Cora and keep me on my feet at the same time, it was impossible. Stiles was surprisingly strong but he wasn't that strong.

"Can you stand?" He asked me.

I looked to him in slight amusement though I wasn't sure it displayed on my face as I quipped, "Are we lying down?" I replied in mock confusion, "I could've sworn we were standing up."

His face was flat though I saw amusement sparkle in his eyes. He looked away from me briefly as he tried to keep himself composed and he said, "I hate you right now. This is not the time for humour, Alex."

"Says you, the one who cracks out jokes in life or death situations to try and lighten the tension?" I quipped, looking straight into his eyes. I hadn't noticed how close we were before but our noses were almost touching at this point. Stiles rolled his eyes in response and I added, "I learn from the best."

He was silent for a second as he looked at me before he said again, "Can you stand?"

"I think so." I replied properly then, "Worst case scenario there's a wall over there."

He nodded and he hesitantly removed his arm from around my waist, watching me on my feet. I surprised us both as I focused entirely on my balance. I managed to stay upright though I knew I was swaying slightly side to side.

"I'm okay." I reassured him.

He nodded once before he grabbed Peter by the shoulder of his shirt and dragged him up to his feet, "Help me." He said to him, pulling him behind Scott and the twins as they ran towards Cora. I watched them behind hooded eyes, a slight grey haze swirling over my vision though I just wanted to help Scott. I wanted to stop the twins as they continued to hold him in a choke hold.

"Ethan, Aiden, stop!" He yelled to them, "You don't know what you're doing."

"All we want is her." They snarled back.

I felt a hand snake around my arm and I was tugged backwards though I had no chance but to comply or fall to the ground. I could manage to support myself stationary but I was no good walking. I couldn't fight Miss. Blake but by the time I realised what she was doing I was standing in the elevator.

"Woah, hey-hey!" Stiles yelled then as he let go of Cora's arm. Peter caught her, hoisting her up over his shoulder.

He caught everyone's attention and forced it to Miss. Blake and I as we stood in the elevator and when the doors began to close slowly I tried to rush out of there before I became trapped with her but my advance was slow and my coordination was completely off. She grabbed my wrist and pulled me back harshly but her strength pulled me down to the ground. I fell back against the wall of the elevator, my head smacking harshly off the wall and I groaned in pain as everything split into two. My vision was massively blurred.