𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟎

I WAS GETTING A BIT SICK OF BEING USED AS BAIT. Matt holding me at gunpoint and forcing me to walk down the corridor was making it hard for me to not lose my composure. While I was scared that he was holding a loaded gun to my head, Derek had taught me how to defend myself in situations like these. I just had to remember everything he had taught me and make sure I planned this right. Matt wasn't close enough to me, so if I tried to take him on now he'd see it and probably shoot me before I even had the chance to do anything.

So I remained silent, chewing on my lip in anticipation as we got closer and closer to the sheriff's office. I could hear Scott talking and as I rounded the corner and into the doorway I froze, meeting the sheriffs gaze.

Scott and Stiles didn't notice me at first until Scott questioned the sheriff curiously before turning to me. His brows furrowed in confusion and Stiles followed his dads and his friends gaze to look at me. I felt the barrel of the gun press against the back of my head and I was forced forwards as Matt pushed me inside, "Did I tell you stop?" He asked me coldly.

"All right." I mumbled as I stumbled into the office, "Just calm down."

I kept my eyes on Stiles and I saw as his jaw clenched harshly while he swallowed. His eyes flared in both fear and anger as he looked to Matt holding me at gunpoint.

"Leave her alone, Matt." Stiles warned him harshly.

I heard Matt chuckle sadistically behind me, "No I don't think I will. Not until I get what I want anyways."

"And what is it that you want Matt?" The sheriff asked him with an arched brow. His entire demeanour was calm and collected as he spoke, "It is Matt right? Matt, whatever's going on, I guarantee you there's a solution that doesn't involve a gun."

Matt chuckled behind me and my breath hitched when I felt him readjusting his grip on the gun, pressing it further into my skull, "You know, it's funny you say that, because I don't think you're aware of just how right you are."

"I know you don't wanna hurt people." Sheriff Stilinski said to him.

"Actually, I wanna hurt a lot of people." Matt told us, "You four weren't on my list, but I could be persuaded.. and one way is to try dialing somebody on your cell phone, like McCall is doing."

I sighed deeply as I looked to see Scott pulling his hand out of his pocket quickly. He looked at him innocently, as if he didn't have a clue what Matt was saying but he'd caught him regardless.

"That—that could definitely get someone hurt, hey, maybe I'll start with this one." Matt said, pressing the gun further into the back of my head before he snapped, "Everyone. Now!"

"Come on." The sheriff told Scott and Stiles and I watched as the three of them put their phones on the desk.

"What about you Anderson?" Matt asked me then and I felt his hand graze across my hip as he slipped it under Stiles' jacket, "Where's your phone?"

I swallowed harshly in anger, trying to keep my breathing even and not let Matt get a rise out of his teasing me. It was humiliating he was doing this to me in front of Stiles and his dad but I knew he was doing it to get a reaction from Stiles. He was twisted.

"About three inches up from where your hand is and at the front of my jacket. Not underneath." I snapped.

"I've always wondered where you stored that anger, Alex." He said to me curiously, sliding his hand up my waist.

I couldn't take it anymore and so I whirled around quickly, grabbing the barrel of the gun in my hand and pushing it up towards the ceiling. Matt fired once and the shot rang out loudly, burning holes through my eardrums but I couldn't let it stop me. I hit his arm forcefully, trying to get the weapon out of his hand but I couldn't do it and as a last resort I kicked him in the stomach. Matt recoiled back in pain but he didn't let go of the gun, he kept a vice grip on it and when he looked up to meet my eyes I saw him swirling with even more anger and psychoticness than ever before.