𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟓

I THOUGHT THE DAY COULDN'T GET ANY WORSE. That was until Lydia texted me in the middle of World History and told me that Jackson had broken up with her.

Over text.

I wish I'd broken his hands this morning instead of kneeing him in the balls because hell did he deserve it.

Scott had informed Stiles and I that Jackson's play was to get to Allison which would explain why he'd cut his ties with Lydia. For as long as Scott didn't get Jackson the bite he was going to continue chasing after Allison, convincing her to chose him over Scott. It was a smart play but so incredibly horrible and it was a reminder of how much I disliked Jackson.

To be honest I think my feelings towards him had surpassed dislike. In fact, the boarded on hate now.

There was no way I could leave Lydia after I found her hanging outside of my class waiting for me to finish. I could see how hard she was trying to keep herself together and my heart ached for her. She was actually crushed and she didn't deserve what Jackson had done to her. He'd led her along on a string for so long, playing with her and treating her like garbage when all she did was care about him. Lydia longed for his attention and it was because he never showed any of the sort to her. Jackson was toxic and he deserved everything he was going to get.

I texted Stiles to let him know I was heading over to Lydia's house with her and that I'd meet him before the game tonight. He didn't mind and I offered to drive home in Lydia's car considering she looked like she was about to break down at any given moment.

We skipped last period and I was surprised that Lydia had held herself together until we reached her bedroom. As soon as I closed her bedroom door behind me she turned to me and I saw her bottom lip trembling. Her eyes were watering, growing bloodshot as the first tear slipped and ran down her cheek. I sighed seeing her and I opened my arms as I walked over to her. She wrapped her arms around me tightly as she cried, her head resting on my shoulder and her shoulders shook.

I rubbed her back comfortingly, "He's not even worth it." I told her softly, "Don't worry about it."

"He-he said that I was dead weight." She cried.

I shook my head, "Lydia, trust me. You're not dead weight, all right? If anyone's dead weight it's him."

She pulled away and furrowed her brows and I saw the black mascara streaks down her cheeks, "Why would he say something like that to me?"

"Because he's an asshole." I told her honestly, "And he's trying to jab at you where it hurts."

I watched as she collapsed down on her bed and laid back, staring up at the ceiling, "I didn't do anything wrong." She croaked as another tear slipped from her eyes, "I—"

She caught herself, inhaling in short and staggering breaths. She didn't know what to say.

It was abundantly clear that Lydia harboured very deep feelings for Jackson but they both had their imperfections. Jackson was an asshole — there was no doubt about it — and he treated people like shit but at the end of the day Lydia kissed Scott. Yes, she mightn't of being receiving any attention from Jackson but she still cheated on him. By no means was I saying that she deserved everything she was getting because she didn't. She didn't deserve to be told she was dead weight because all that does is tear a person down.

I embraced her comfortingly, running my hand up and down her back as she cried into my shoulder. I reminded quiet while she let it all off her chest, giving her exactly what she needed and I remained with her as the sun set on the gloomy and stress-inducing day. I ordered us a takeout and watched trashy movies with her in an attempt to make her feel some better though I knew it wasn't working.