𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

SO AS IT GOES Scott and Stiles were apparently fighting now after the whole parent/teacher fiasco thing. Or rather they weren't fighting, Stiles was just royally pissed with Scott and I didn't really understand why. Okay, so I get that Stiles was upset his dad had been knocked over by a car reversing in the parking lot when that mountain lion appeared but I didn't really get why that was Scott's fault.

I'd said that to Stiles and he had just narrowed one eye at me to the point where his eyelids sort of shook in annoyance. I got the memo not to bring it up again and we didn't talk anymore of it.

The downside though was that because Stiles was ignoring Scott I was now his first point of call for everything. I didn't mind, to be honest Stiles tended to call me for the most minuscule reasons anyways but since he what I was calling the 'breakup' Stiles was rambling a whole lot more. I was glad though that there was no awkwardness between us after we woke up cuddling in bed again.

The two of us had important things to talk about as well, like the Alpha for instance, but he just was not bothered and it wasn't like Stiles to be like that. I wondered if it was because Scott had finally caved into Derek and allowed him to teach him to control his supernatural abilities or what.

I wasn't sure.

It was starting to frustrate me that Stiles was dodging the subject of werewolves and the Alpha. If he didn't want to be involved in Scott's supernatural life anymore than that was fine but I was still being roped into it and I'd of appreciated if he'd of helped me think of possible candidates for who the Alpha could be.

So, Saturday and Sunday and been and gone and now Monday had rolled around I was hoping Stiles was going to start listening to me when I tried to talk about the Alpha. He'd picked me up at quarter to like always and the two of us had stopped by one another's lockers and walked directly to World History together, sitting in our usual chairs. When he started to get his things out I took my opportunity to bring up the Alpha topic again.

"Stiles, we need to talk about the Alpha." I said to him quietly and I watched as he shook his head.

Because Chris Argent had shot the mountain lion that coincidentally happened to show up at the parent teacher conference the entire town thought they were safe again. The three killings were ruled as animal attacks and that was that but I knew it wouldn't be long before the Alpha struck again and this time it'd take the whole town by surprise.

"C'mon Stiles this is important." I groaned as I leaned over my desk, "Derek and I—"

He rolled his eyes as he turned to me, "You're working with Derek, too?"

I furrowed my brows, "I'm not working with him." I said to him, "We're friends Stiles."

He scoffed, "Oh, yeah."

"A little focus please." I snapped lightly, "This is important."

"Yeah you've said."

My eyes widened incredulously, "Then listen to me."

"Okay." He sighed apologetically, "I'm sorry, go on."

"Thank you." I responded, leaning back in my seat, "Okay, so I was sitting in Derek's car—"

"—Why were you with Derek again?" He questioned.

"God." I mumbled under my breath, "Because my dad and Kate Argent went to his house and tried to kill him."

"Right." He nodded.

I exhaled a short burst of air before repeating myself, "So, I was sitting in Derek's car thinking about the Alpha and how it knew my name and how he seemed to know me. Then it hits me that maybe we're looking too far, maybe the Alpha is someone we know."