𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

I SLAMMED THE FRONT DOOR after I walked into the house, listening to the bang it created that echoed throughout the entire house. I was craving my dad's attention, I wanted him to know I was upset right now. I get that we hadn't had the best relationship since the fire but I couldn't understand why he would lie to me and tell me my friends were dead. Surely he knew how much Derek and Cora meant to me?

"Alex?" My dad called out from somewhere within the house, "Where've you been?"

I walked through the living room to find him in the kitchen, his laptop open on the bench while he stirred something in a pan on the stove.

"Dad." I greeted coldly, hanging by the doorframe as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Do you have any idea what time it is?" My dad asked me, taking the pan off the ring on the cooker and turning to me, "Where were you?"

"I went out with Scott and Stiles." I replied bluntly, "You'll never guess who we ran into?"

"Do I want to know?" He asked disinterested with a sigh, leaning on the countertop.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Derek Hale."

He was interested now. Oh, boy he was definitely interested. I saw the way his body froze, his shoulders tensing as he looked at me. His eyes were wide before they narrowed on me. His jaw was dropped in what I was guessing was to be shock.

I had to admit, this was exceptionally satisfying. Call me a bad daughter or a horrible person but throwing this in my fathers face was nice. He lied to me for years about something that had deeply affected me, forcing me to live with what I was told was survivors guilt. Imagine. Imagine being guilty, feeling terrible for every little thing you did because you thought you were the only person to survive a fatal house fire.

What made me, a ten year old girl at the time, so damn important? Why was I the one to survive? Not my mom, or any one of the Hales. That's what I used to think every single day but knowing there was actually other people that survived? Surely he knew I wasn't the only survivor.

"Didn't expect that one did you?" I asked him.

"You shouldn't of been near him." He told me distastefully. He had something very deep against the Hale family and I desperately wanted to know what it was, "You should never of been around that family."

"He found me dad." I defended, "I didn't even know he was alive!"

"You didn't need to know." He scoffed, "You had no business being involved with that family, your mother should never of introduced you to them."

"Well I'm glad she did!" I yelled.

"They're bad people Alex, not meant for this world!" He argued.

"Why do you hate them so much?" I asked, narrowing my eyes in anger as I glared at him, "What the hell do you have against them?"

"They destroyed my family!" He snapped at me angrily.

"No!" I fired. My voice raising loudly as my hands started to shake at my sides, "The fire killed mom! You destroyed this family."

"I don't know how you dare." My dad snapped, hitting his hand off the countertop. This fight between us had been a long time coming. I'd had a lot of this on my chest for a while and I'd let it weigh me down. I was about to offload everything that had been on my mind for six long years.