𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟏

I WAS EXHAUSTED. I could barely keep my eyes open, yet I was reluctant to go to sleep. Every time I closed my eyes I saw the horror that was everything that happened last night. I shifted in the uncomfortable seat on the bus, groaning lowly in pain as a sharp stabbing sensation ripped through my left side and into my back. My eyes watered and I dropped my head on to the top of the seat, curling my legs into my chest as I whimpered.

"Alex." I heard Isaac say to me and when I didn't reply he called me again, "Alex? Come on, drink."

I pushed his hand away wordlessly, barely opening my eyes.

"I'll force this down your throat if you don't drink it." He replied.

"Go to hell." I grumbled.

"Alex." He muttered in annoyance. I felt him pick my hand up and force the sky blue water bottle into it, "Drink it."

I dropped my head back against the window and opened my eyes to glare at him, "I hate you."

"Yeah, I know." He dismissed.

With a reluctant sigh I lifted the water bottle to my lips and drank, taking two big sips to satisfy those on this bus who were watching me. I gave the bottle back to Isaac while twisting my face in disgust.

"What did you put in there, it tastes horrible."

"It's only water." He shrugged.

I turned my nose up at it, "Keep it away from me."

Isaac rolled his eyes at me as he sat forwards in his seat and besides him Boyd watched me wearily, "Have you healed yet?"

"Judging by the pain I'm in I'm going to go with a solid no." I grumbled.

Concern dripped into Isaac's eyes as he said, "Let me see."

"No. I just got comfortable." I refused.

"Alex, let me see." He demanded.

"I will punch you." I threatened.

He shook his head in annoyance before he got up and moved. I closed my eyes as he disappeared, trying to settle my mind and ease my pain but it wasn't long before I felt someone picking up my legs and I cried out sharply in agony.

I opened my eyes to see Stiles sitting beside me, Issac in his seat behind us and I glared at them both, "Why did you move my legs, oh my god. That hurt."

"Hey!" Coach yelled to the three of us then, "Stilinski, Lahey, what the hell is going on?"

"Oh, Alex has a hamstring injury Coach." Stiles lied effortlessly then, "I shouldn't of moved her leg."

"A hamstring injury?" Coach echoed incredulously then, "Hale, what the hell? I need you to run."

"I'll be okay, Coach." I nodded.

He recoiled somewhat then as he said, "Uh, are you feeling okay? You're looking a little pale and if you throw up on this bus I'm going to throw up too and then I'm going to make you clean it all up."

I groaned in annoyance, "I'm fine, Coach."

"Right, well, okay then." He nodded before he turned to Stiles, "Back in your seat, Stilinski."

"Yeah, Coach, just hanging in my temporary seat." He nodded.

Coach shook his head as he walked away mumbling to himself and though I heard every word I chose to ignore him. Stiles turned to me when he was out of earshot, his hand resting on my shins as he said, "Alex, you have to let us look."