𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟑

THE ANIMAL CLINIC WAS FULL TEN MINUTES LATER. Chris Argent had brought Derek to have the shrapnel removed only minutes after Deaton had pulled that sword out of my stomach. It was pure agony but I had Aiden for support and I squeezed his hand until I heard a small crack. He didn't say anything however, he just allowed me to continue holding on to his hand until it was over and the pain had gone. The wound had healed slowly but I had still been left with a huge blood stain on my top.

While the pain had gone, the area was incredibly sore which was as to be expected and the slightest movement hurt but it was bearable.

Allison and Lydia arrived shortly after Deaton had pulled out the sword and only a few minutes after that, the Sheriff. By that point, Scott and Kira had woken up but Stiles was still out of it. The man was all over the place and the fear in his eyes was incredibly painful to watch. His workplace had been blown up by a bomb, he'd lost some of his officers and now he had to be told his son was possessed by a dark Japanese spirit and why I was pitted in my own blood.

I don't know why it came down to me. When the sheriff asked what had happened everyone looked at me, as if they were expecting me to tell him. It felt like because Stiles was my boyfriend it was my responsibility to deal the bad news to his father. It was all wrong.

I tried despite my hate for the situation but the sheriff was hanging off my every word and all I was doing was messing it up. I couldn't do it and I snapped leaving Deaton to explain it in a much better way. The sheriff understood what had happened but he couldn't fathom why it had happened to Stiles.

We all were thinking the same though we knew the actual reason behind it, it didn't stop us from wondering why him. He didn't deserve to be corrupted like this. He was supposed to be the sane one who held us all together while we fell apart. He was the one that we secretly protected no matter the cost. He was the glue .. the brains .. he was Stiles and he didn't deserve it.

We didn't know why this evil, inhumane, spirit had chosen him. It was cruel.

The real world caught up with me yet again, clipping at my heals in an abrupt manner when Stiles started to stir. It had only been ten or so minutes since Deaton had injected the poison into him but it felt so much longer.

At first, no one dared to move but when he began to move around the Sheriff and Scott were quick to be by his side. I watched from the table I was still sat on, Aiden still beside me. He was severely disoriented when he came round, his brown eyes were wide and full of fear and I knew immediately it was him by the way he reached out blindly and grabbed his dads arm. He truly had no idea where he was.

"It's okay." The sheriff calmed him, "It's okay, Stiles. You're okay."

"Wha—what happened?" He asked shakily as his eyes darted around quickly. 

From beside his brother, Ethan voiced sceptically, "Did it work?"

Stiles — in his disorientation — scrambled to his feet. He was inconsolable and rightly so. The last time he had control over his body he was in the hospital about to go through an MRI scanner to see if he had the same disease that killed his mother. For us, three days had passed since then while Stiles still thought it was Friday.

"Did what work?" Stiles asked frantically, "What's going on, why aren't we at the hospital?"

"It's okay, buddy." Scott attempted to reassure as he placed his hand on his shoulder, "We're gonna explain it all to you."

He met my gaze then and he froze in time. I saw his breath hitch in his throat, I saw the pure horror and panic in his eyes and I knew exactly what he was thinking. The last time he'd seen me like this was the night I'd been shot by Matt. He beat himself up for weeks over how he hadn't been able to protect me. I remembered him telling me one night we couldn't sleep that that was the day one of his worst fears came to play — that I had been hurt and there wasn't anything he could do to help.