𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟒

I REALLY THOUGHT OUR DAY COULDN'T GET ANY MORE STRESSFUL. That was until l found out that Stiles — in all his idiotic glory — had taken Malia's doll from the car wreck and brought it to school with him in his bag. He was asking for a smack upside the head for taking it in the first place but bringing it to school?

What made it entirely worse was that Malia actually had come looking for it. A were-coyote running around our school. You couldn't imagine it, right? I wish. Though it wasn't us that Malia had come after because we didn't have our bags. We'd left them in Mr. Yukimura's class after we helped Stiles out following his panic attack. It was Kira. In her bid to be friendly she'd brought all our bags with her after her fathers class had ended. That was when Malia had showed up and chased her into the locker room, tearing into Stiles' bag before she almost tore in Kira herself if it wasn't for Scott stepping in to save her at the last minute.

It was just too much for my brain to deal with, especially when the police were called and Mr. Tate himself had shown up at the school with a firearm looking to kill what he thought was just a normal coyote. He didn't know it was his daughter — how could he? But it put a huge time crunch over our heads. If we wanted to help Malia we had to do it quickly before her own father shot a bullet through her head.

That's why we came to Deaton. We hoped that he had something — anything to help us attempt to change Malia back into her human form after being stuck in the body of a coyote for eight years.

The man returned from his supply closet within the animal clinic and put three glass vails on the metal examination table, "Xylazine. It's a tranquilizer for horses." He said to us, "For a werecoyote, expect it to work within seconds. I only have three. So whoever's shooting, needs to be a damn good shot."

"Allison's a perfect shot." Scott replied.

Opposite me, Isaac looked at Scott, "She used to be."

"She can do it." He pressed.

"If we manage to find the thing." Issac responded with.

"Okay, what is the point of him?" Stiles asked the three of us as he gestured to Isaac, "Seriously, I mean, what is his purpose? Aside from the persistent negativity and the scarf? What's up with the scarf anyway? It's 65 degrees out."

"Look, maybe I'm asking a question no one here wants to ask. How do we turn a coyote back into a girl, when she hasn't been a girl for eight years?" Isaac said to the four of us.

I sighed reluctantly, "I mean.. it's a good question."

Stiles shot me an incredulous look and his head twisted to look at me so quickly I thought he'd of snapped his neck. It was almost like he couldn't believe what I'd just said but like Isaac I'd been thinking the exact same thing ever since we found out the coyote was Malia.

"I can do it." Scott said after a short silence though he didn't sound confident in his words.

"You can?" Stiles asked him.

"You remember the night that Peter trapped us in the school?" Scott said to both Stiles and I.

I scoffed as I crossed my arms over my chest, "Too well for my liking." I mumbled in response.

"In the gym, he was able to make me turn using just his voice. Deucalion did the same thing in the distillery."

"This is a werecoyote, Scott." Deaton said to him, "Who knows if it'll even work if you can find someone who can teach you."

Stiles sighed in realisation from besides me and he looked at Scott, "That's why you called Derek, first."

And my friend sighed too, "Yeah, I could try it on my own but right now, I'm too scared to even change into just a werewolf."