𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

I THOUGHT THAT STILES WOULD HAVE HIS PHONE ON HIM after he told me to talk to my dad. I thought that he would probably want to know what my dad had said to me after I asked him about the whole being a werewolf hunter thing but no. Stiles apparently had no intention of picking up the phone tonight and it was frustrating because I felt like I was going to combust.

I couldn't keep it to myself and instead of talking I just paced in my room for the hours that Stiles wouldn't pick up the phone.

I couldn't take waiting for Stiles to call me back or pick up the phone any longer. I grabbed my coat and I decided to walk over to his house, taking the time to try and gather my thoughts. When I got there though the Jeep wasn't on the drive and neither was Sheriff Stilinski's car, the lights in the house were off and I groaned quietly to myself. I didn't want to go back home now.

I walked up Stiles' porch steps and lifted the plant pot up by the door curiously. I honestly wasn't expecting to find a key there and I was quite shocked to see it. I debated on picking it up though. Did I want to just let myself into Stiles' house? Not really. If I'd been around a bit longer then yeah, maybe I'd of unlocked the door and let myself into the Stilinski residence but I'd been home two weeks.

If Sheriff Stilinski was to come home and see me chilling out in his house god knows what he'd say.

I left the key in it's place and put the plant plot back over the top of it, pulling my phone out from my coat pocket and checking the time. I was just after half nine at night and I was hoping that if Stiles wasn't going to be back soon that Sheriff Stilinski would be but there was no way to know if he was working the last shift.

I sat down on the top step on the porch, glad that I had a pair of sweat pants on because it was definitely chilly tonight. I wrapped my coat tighter around myself and crossed my arms tightly over my chest — letting myself into Stiles house was become more and more appealing as the minutes ticked on.

It was just after quarter past ten when headlights lit up the driveway and I saw Stiles pull the Jeep up and park in his spot. In the forty five minutes I'd had to wait the tips of my fingers and my nose was numb from the cold and I could see my breath.

My friend jumped out of his car and shut the door with a confused frown, "Alex?" He asked me, "Wha—what the hell are you doing here?"

"Where've you been?" I asked him, snapping like a mother would when questioning their child on why they were late home, "Do you have any idea how many times I've tried to call you?"

"I—no." He stuttered, looking at his phone before back to me, "It's freezing out here, there's a key under the flower pot you should've let yourself in."

"I know." I replied, taking his hand as he held it out to me. I stood to my feet, my body stiff from sitting in the cold for so long and he walked to his door, unlocking it, "I felt weird letting myself in." I said to him.

"What?" He asked me, his brows furrowing, "You've been home two weeks and you've already stopped over twice."

"When you say it like that." I grumbled, closing the door behind me as he turned the lights on, "I just didn't feel comfortable letting myself into your house without asking."

"Well for future reference." He said to me, looking back over his shoulder.

The both of us headed upstairs and towards Stiles' room. I took my coat off and hung it up on the back of his door, climbing on to his bed and grabbing a blanket, "God, I'm freezing."

Stiles sat down on his bed too next to me, "What's going on then?" He asked me. He seemed quite calm and it honestly wasn't what I was used to. He was always so hyper and it was something his adderall struggled to control. His leg normally bounced or he had a hard time sitting in one spot but he didn't appear to be having any of those problems right now.