𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

I'D SPENT MORE TIME IN STILES JEEP THAN I HAD MY OWN CAR since moving back home. As it turns out, it wasn't too shabby of a car and it was pretty roomy save for the general lack heating inside. It was always cold inside the Jeep, especially when you were in the back seat but it wasn't like I could demote Scott to the back when I'd just gotten here.

I was glad to see Stiles contact name popping up on my screen when he called me because it gave me the excuse to get out of my empty house for the night. I didn't know what he and Scott were planning but I didn't care.

My supernatural friend had been to see Derek though, I learnt of that when they picked me up. Scott went to him seeking advice on how he could possibly recall what happened last night and whether he had anything to do with the bus driver.

It was how I found myself heading back to school when it was dark out, pulling up to where the buses were kept locked over night in Stiles' Jeep.

I leaned forward between the two front seats casually, "Remind me why we're returning to the scene of a crime?" I asked my two friends.

"Derek said the only way I'd remember was if I came back." Scott said to me before turning, "I need to do this."

"Right." I nodded, "But if you two had explained before you picked me up we'd be coming to the school I'd of said no."

"Like you had anything better to do." Stiles replied, turning the engine off.

"You don't know that." I scoffed as they both climbed out the Jeep. I climbed out of Stiles side, jumping on to the pavement and the three of us walked towards the high metal gate.

"Hey, no, just me." Scott said to Stiles and I, "Someone needs to keep watch."

"Well then Alex can keep watch." Stiles shrugged.

My jaw dropped as I turned to him, "I don't want to keep watch, you can keep watch."

"How come I'm the guy who's always keeping watch?" He asked us both, trying to climb up the metal fence.

Scott pulled him back down by his arm, "Because someone's got to."

Stiles climbed down and turned to Scott, "Okay, why's it starting to feel like you're Batman and I'm Robin?" He asked.

"If you're Robin and Scott is Batman what does that make me?" I questioned, furrowing my brows as I looked to the floor in thought.

"I don't know, Cat Woman?" Stiles replied incredulously.

I pulled my lips down fairly while nodding, "Yeah, Cat Woman I'm good with that. I like that."

Stiles turned back to Scott, "Look, I don't want to be Robin all the time."

"Nobody's Batman and Robin any of the time." Scott replied, "Or Cat Woman for that matter."

"Damn." I muttered in disappointment, "That's a shame, I liked being Cat Woman."

"Yeah." Stiles said, equally as disappointed as me, "Not even some of the time?"

Scott rolled his eyes, "Just stay here."

"Oh my god. Fine!" Stiles exasperated, grabbing my wrist and pulling me back to the Jeep as Scott climbed over the fence.

I got into the passenger seat and closed the door behind me as Stiles climbed in, I drew my knees up and rested my feet on the dashboard as we watched Scott walk towards the bus.

"Hey." I said to Stiles, turning to him as he sulked in the drivers seat. He pulled his head away from resting against the window and looked at me, "If it makes you feel any better, I prefer Robin over Batman."