𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

FOR WHATEVER REASON Stiles was ignoring both my calls and my messages. I was confused, I was annoyed — somewhat — and I just wanted to know what the hell was going on. My dad had been up to my room and threatened me with a full lockdown if I left the house tonight and I didn't understand why until the moon rose.

Tonight was the full moon and I because I'd spent the last few days wrapped up under the watchful eye of my dad I hadn't even realised.

It was Scott's second full moon and his hostility towards me earlier on made sense now. He wasn't in control and I just wanted to find Stiles because where he was Scott would be. I didn't want Stiles to get himself hurt trying to help Scott. He couldn't help him, not while he was fully transitioned anyways. When Scott didn't have a handle on his anger Stiles was as good as toast in his line of fire and that made me nervous.

So after my dad had left the house, locking every door but the garage I snuck out and I headed straight for Stiles house. I tried calling Derek but with every call I made I was met with his voicemail. I had heard my dad talking on the phone over the few days I had to spend with him and I knew they knew he was alive somewhere. He had disappeared after the Alpha had impaled him, his car too and that gave me hope that he was still alive. I wanted to get his help — not like he'd probably offer it to Scott after he threw his name out as a murderer — to help him with tonight as opposed to Stiles. It was a safer plan, a better option.

When I got to Stiles' house his dad answered the door and told me he'd gone over to Scott's house for the night. He had no idea why I wasn't with Stiles, quite shocked actually — especially when I told him that he hadn't told me he was heading to Scott's. It was just another factor adding to the list I was making that was proving Stiles was ignoring me. We had been perfectly fine this morning — in fact we were better than fine. I was going to come over and we were going to hang out, I was planning on telling Stiles that I had feelings for him. I'd been psyching myself up for it all day and now he was ignoring all my calls and texts? It just didn't add up to me and the worst part about it all was that I had no genuine idea what I had done wrong.

Scott's front door was open when I arrived and I saw Stiles' blue Jeep parked on the pavement just by the drive confirming my suspicions that he was going to be helping Scott tonight. I closed the front door behind me, hearing the two yelling and I rushed up the stairs quickly but I didn't expect to see Stiles sitting on the landing next to Scott's open bedroom door.

"Stiles? What the hell is going on." I asked him, furrowing my brows.

"Oh, great." Stiles scoffed, rolling his eyes as he got up to his feet. He met my gaze and I immediately I felt something hitting my gut. He looked a mixture of sad and angry and the combination tugged at my heart painfully. I wanted to fix that but I found the anger he was subjected to was aimed at me, "What are you doing here?"

I didn't answer him, instead I asked him my own question, "Why are you ignoring me?"

His eyes narrowed somewhat, "What?"

"You heard me." I replied, "Why are you ignoring me?"

"I don't have anything to say." He told me matter-of-factly.

"Why? I-I don't understand, Stiles. You were fine with me this morning."

"Yeah, well that was before you kissed Scott." He snapped.

I recoiled away and furrowed my brows together tightly, "I what?"

He nodded firmly, "You kissed Scott."

"I—I didn't—" I shook my head, speechless, "Why would I kiss Scott?"

"I saw the lipgloss smudge on his face on the field." Stiles told me angrily, gesturing to Scott's open bedroom door.