The Nightmare Yokai, Part 1

A/N : " Hey guys! I know...Its been a while. I JUST got this idea! I thought it would do nicely!! Hehee..

T: " Yawns and wakes up'

A: " TOMOE!!" 'Hugs him'

T: " Don't touch me.."

A: " Pouty face' B-But... WHY!? Your so cuddly!!"

What About the Nightmare Spell?

Tomoe stared at the mirror and slowly removed the patch surruounding his side. He winced as it pulled at his tender skin. It had been a few more days and Tomoe could finally walk around. He couldn't lift things that were to heavy but he could still do minor chores around the shrine.

The fox looked in the mirror at the skin that was stabbed through. It looked grusome..Tomoe sighed and placed a clean bandage on his side and then tied his hakamashita loosely. The kitsune sighed and looked outside. It was getting late and he had to admit he was tired.

Tomoe walke dout of the room only to be nearly tackled by the shrine spirits.

"MASTER TOMOE!"

The kitsune winced at their loud voices and sighed " What?"

The tone of his voice made them jump but they sighed, " Why are you out of your room?"

Tomoe blinked, " Is there a problem with that?"

"Uh,Um.." Kotetsu held something behind his back and Tomoe arched his brow,

"What do you have there Kotetsu?"

The masked childs backed away a bit, " N-Nothing!"

Tomoe bit his lip. He didn't like lying, " Then show me your hands."

Kotetsu smiled and showed Tomoe's his palms. Then a loud clattering noise sounded behind the child from where he had let go on the unknown object. The fox lnged forward and let his clawed hand grasp the object.

"M-MASTER TOMOE!"

Tomoe put his foot on the childs head to stop his from moving and quickly looked down at the object. His breath caught in his throat...

It was a pretty fan. It was a green, yellow with green butterflies and purple tree decorations.

Kotetsu and Onikiri pouted, " We wanted it to be a surprise. Its for you since you were hurting.."

Tomoe blinked as he looked down at the fan, He opened it and examined the butterflies. The fox didn't know what to say..Why did they do this? It was lovely..And it was a holy object. He kind of felt embarrassed...Why did they...Do this for someone like him?

"We hope you like it."

The fox jerked his head up, realized that he hadn't said anything, " Thank you." His ears pinned as the words slipped out of his mouth. He wasn't used to saying things like that.

They were honoring him as a familair right? Suddenly he felt something weigh him down..Like Guilt. He wasn't that good of a familiar, In fact he had to ask Inari for something. He didn't want to but it was the only person he knew. Inari knew a lot about kitsunes...And Famailiars.

Tomoe ground his teeth and the children giggled, " Your welcome!" They ran off happily.

Tomoe sighed and turned the fan in his hands. It was beautiful.... The fox laid it in his room and walked outside. The night air blew through his hair and he kneeled down on the stone walk. He started to scrub the dirt off the stone..