Sleep Over? Part1

A/N : I hope this turns out as funny as it is in my head..... -_- )

Will you stay?

Inari's POV

I had to do a breath intake. My heart nearly stopped. The room went cold. Darkness flooded in...( You get where I'm going right?....) I blinked, trying to suppress the panic coming up my spine. I looked at the fox from the corner of my eye, and he too seemed to have stopped moving....( The medicine took effect already, or.....He's trying to come up with an escape plan...)My muscles tenced as I slowly turned my head towards Mikage....

"What?"

Mikage's head dropped. "Oh Great, here it comes." Suddenly I was overcome by a long list of excuses and reasons why I should stay.

" Tomoe will die!!! Please!!! Please! Please Inari!!! I won't ask for anything else ever again! PLEASE!!! " Mikage got down onto his knees, begging like a three year old in an ice-cream shop. Complete with puppy dog eyes and strange looking sparkles appearing around his head. He furiously tugged at my robe as I stood up, and clung to my leg as I tried to walk to the door.

" PLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!! INARI! I'M BEGGING YOU, DON'T BE AN IDIOT! PLEASE STAY!"

" WHO'S THE REAL IDIOT HERE?", I screamed at him, clearly aggravated.

He froze....Then clung onto my leg even tighter. I grunted in annoyance as I kicked him off, sending him rolling on the floor, in a scrury of Blood, Snot, and tears. I looked at Mikage and rolled my eyes. He could be so stupid some times. Looking at him and then looking at The ( Now Alseep....{ How did he get alseep with all the arguing, Anyway?} )Fox. He was huddled in a ball, His ears twitching from time to time....." Just like Kento's...." I snapped my head around and looked at a swollen god that was crying a river of tears on the floor. 'Great.....JUST GREAT!' A soft moan escaped the pile of blanket's on the floor, and we ( Mikage and I ) Froze. The Fox, with his white hair, winced and shivered in his sleep... His body temperature had probably dropped. Meaning he could pick up another fever in just a few hours. Foxes were like that...'Confusing Creatures'.., I muttered under my breath. Mikage twitched and quickly stood up. Walking towards his sleeping Familiar, he picked up a blanket and gently tucked in the sleeping child. He looked at the Fox lovingly and ruffled his hair. My heart dropped. I was like that...When Kento was alive. Mikage had stepped in and helped me in such a horrible time of need....and here I was running away. Regrettingly I sighed, " Mikage....." I was Immediately tackled by Mikage...

"Oh THANK YOU INARI!!!!! Thank You!!! Thank You! You won't regret it!!! I promise Tomoe will be good! I mean come on, He's out cold anyway! What's the worst he could do?"

Mikage's POV

I was surprised, But So excited!!! I was nervous too.....Inari hates Tomoe, And Tomoe hates Inari. I don' think I thought this one through..... I turned my head to catch Inari glaring at Tomoe. He was looking at him and balling up his fists in annoyance. I swallowed the lump in my throat. This could mean trouble. I mean....What is Tomoe capable of...In his sleep? He was the second Most Powerful demon in the world...He could probably protect himself even when he's sleeping. Turning to look at Tomoe I froze. He looked so innocent. He was sleeping and shivering. Coughing every now and then....What could he do? I had a room prepared for Inari ( One beside Tomoes, Of Course! ). Inari wasn't pleased, At all.....He didn't want to be here, and He really didn't want to be so close to Tomoe.

Bang! Bang! Bang!

I turned to see Onikiri and Kotetsu running down the hallway in a flurry. "Lord Mikage!! Lord Mikage!! Inari needs Ice for Tomoe!!! His Fever seems to have returned..." Not good...not good at all...I quickly yanked open the door to my Familiars room, reveiling Inari. Tomoe was breathing heavily and his face was flushed. Running to his side, I knelt down beside his shivering body. Inari looked at me and sighed, "Maybe it's good I stayed... This kid is taking the Medicine Hard. He needs rest and warmth. So get all the blankets you can..." I looked at Tomoe and ran my fingers through his Silk, White hair. He shivered and muttered something that made me freeze.... Blood.....So...Much.....Bl- He trailed of in a dry heaved cough and then starting breathing heavily again. Inari glared at him again, Probably in disgust. Inari reached over the shaking Fox and pulled covers over him. I was shocked by this mans actions. He was cold, hard, and had Anger issues. He didn't trust anyone, or anything. That's how he was....and yet... Here he was covering up the very Fox he had just called a Murderer. He was helping me take care of the fox I vowed to protect. It was probably just Inari repaying me for my help years ago but still.... He was helping...

Author's POV

Tomoe forced his eyes open. People were rushing around him, blurring his vision. He wanted to speak and say something. He wanted to tell them he didn't need anybody, but he couldn't move. His body provided no movement, so he just watched the two gods running around him. Inari muttered something that was too muted to hear, and Mikage was throwing blanket after blanket on top of him. "What the crap...." Tomoe stopped. His voice was hoarse and his throat was dry. How long was he out? Had he slept for days? Or just hours? He tried to lift his hand, but all strength failed him... He turned his head, but winced because of the movement. His head spun as Mikage and Inari grew louder. The annoying thing was that everything they said was muffled. Then it hit him....Why was Inari here anyway? Tomoe felt his anger boil up.... He couldn't talk, but he could still catch things on fire... Tomoe stared at Inari's robe and smirked as his butt caught on fire. Inari quickly started panicing and running in circles, ( Sadly he was screaming...Oi! Curse this blasted Headache! ) Meanwhile Tomoe was getting a death glare from Mikage ( And Onikiri and Kotetsu were chasing Inari around the room with a bowl of water.....Also Screaming...)

Tomoe's POV

Great....What was I thinking? Using my powers, when I am at such a weak state... Crap! Mikage is staring again. I tried to look away from Mikage's angery Eyes but failed miserably. I looked at him and tried to calm my breathing. My breath was hard and rugged. I couldn't move. I didn't want more medicine. It made me sleep and the way I'm feeling now...Well, I need my arms to protect myself... ( A.K.A. I need my Claws to spill the guts of creaps who try to attack me in my sleep...) I looked at Mikage and expected to be grounded longer, but he did something else. The idiot put his hand on my head and winced. I wanted to jerk away. How dare he touch me.... He leaned forward closer to me and seemed to look confused.

" Tomoe?"

"..."

"Tomoe, You have a fever. I don't want you talking. Your breathing is already heavy enough,and.... He paused, Quietly pushing his glasses up on his nose, " And, No more lighting fire's.... He's helping you"

I bared my teeth, surprising Mikage, " I don't......N-need....Hel-" I was cut off by a rivet of pain.

" I know you don't like help....But... He has the cure, " He reached over me and tucked the covers over me, warming my intire body. I hated to admit it but...I felt good...The heat, the warmth. My breathing was heavy but I couldn't help but sigh. Mikage blurred again...He was slipping away again. I didn't like this... My body was out of control. It was that blasted Medicine. That Idiot Inari tricked my Master into giving me something like that. It was disgusting. My stomach almost gave it back to him. I heard about the stuff, but I didn't think I would have to drink it... Mikage was fading away into the darkness. All I felt was a cool hand against my head... as I trailed off....

Note: Inari's Butt is still on fire... XD !!!