WHO AM I TO YOU!?

A/N : " I am on an emotional streak. I wanted to write something with heart so here is my next chapter. Get ready for sad moments and for lies to come to light. Get ready for trust to become stronger or weaker. To be hurt or to be healed. Which one will it be? I'm excited for this chapter. I had this idea for a while but I never thought I could use it...

Tomoe: " Whats with that creepy discription?"

Author: " I told you...Its going to be emtional."

Tomoe: " Hmph..."

Am I Accepted; Or Am I not?

Tomoe winced and rubbed his side. Mikage had just got done scolding him about lifting something. The fox didn't think it was going to be that heavy but he was proved wrong. Mikage had caught him off guard and started telling him that he could tear his healing stitches. Tomoe didn't think he was serious until he felt his skin pull harshly in the wounded area. It made his wound pink and really tender to the touch. Inari had to apply something to take the pain away and ordered Tomoe to stay seated.

Now the kitsune was moving around in his spot. He didn't want to just sit there and do nothing at all! It was irritating. His tail wagged as his ears flattened. Mikage walked around him; cleaning the best to his abilites. Every once in a while he would glance at Tomoe with a worried expression. The fox hated the gods constant worry. It wasn't like he was dying or something. He just wanted to do something, at the most pluck grass. That only required his hands.

He sighed and leaned against the table in the living room. Even the shrine spirits were doing things. Tomoe heaved a deep sigh and scratched a claw in the oak table. His claw carved a small T for his name. He blew the sawdust away and looked up. The kitsune was surprised to see the spirits spying at him from the doorway. His ears perked and he cocked his head to the side. Then his eyes narrowed,

"What? Come to say I am not being a good enough Familiar?"

Onikiri shook her head slowly and stepped towards him, " No...We want to make sure your okay. You looked like you were in a lot of pain earlier; That wound is very difficult."

Tomoe looked at them and then sighed, " I am fine. " He paused and looked at them, " Why do you care?"

Kotetsu sighed, " We understand we were rude before; And we did not act like true spirits of the shrine. We are regretful of that." They both walked over to the table and sat down as if in the pressence of an older leader, " Master Tomoe...Thank you for saving us." They bowed and Tomoe froze up.

That was a week ago and to him it was nothing. All he did was move them, that was it! The fox looked at them. No one really thanked him before. It felt nice and yet it was embarrassing all at the same time.

"I...You are welcome." Tomoe whispered out.

The spirits looked at him surprised and Tomoe swallowed the lump in his throat. Awkward. His ears flattened and a small yawn escaped his lips. Onikiri giggled and kotetsu's eye widened. They were watching him! Tomoe continued to scrape at the table until Mikage walked in. The blond god smiled brightly and looked at them all.

"Onikiri, Kotetsu..Could you light the lanturns? Also light the laturns that respect the dead."

They nodded in understanding and walked off.

Tomoe cocked his head to the side and looked at Mikage,

"Who are we honoring?"

Mikage sighed and sat at the table with a grave face, " We're going to go to Inari's family burial sight tonight. This is the eve that someone in his family passed away."