Grounded...Part 2

A/N : Here is Part 2 of Grounded...Enjoy!!!

(Shock...)

'...'

(Stare...)

'...'

'Are you serious?'

  Tomoe looked at the god with humor dancing in his violet eyes. The god had to be joking. To say such a stupid, childish thing to a former Demon? He almost laughed at him. He was here sitting in the floor of a ( now completely ) destroyed shrine, looking at a god, that for some reason had a fan made of leaves, being told that he the Great Tomoe was grounded. He had the feeling that he was being punished by the god of humor ( Is there a God of Humor? ). A sudden urge to look at a  closet and wait for a stout little man to pop out saying " GOT YA!" Came over his being, and he started looking around for him. He turned his head and his eyes met, ( The now very Serious...) Mikage's.

" Tomoe, Please pay attention. No I'm not joking. In fact I'm very serious. A god's familiar should not be so disrespectful to the god's guest. If the guest is rude, I'll take control of the matter."

(Blink...)

(Stare...)

"Grounded? Hum...I have never heard of this punishment. Do you bury me alive? Or do I have to Farm?"

(Silence...)

   Mikage tried. He tried to be as serious with Tomoe as he could, But the way the Fox was looking at him...It was...Priceless. He looked up at The white Foxes face and sighed. He looked so innocent to the idea of being grounded. The poor child had the same look he had a few days ago as he hung upside down from the Tori. He was experiencing something he never had to experience before. Work. Punishment. All these things never occured to the Fox in front of him.  He was cut, and he didn't want help. He was is danger, and smugly denied being rescued. His Prind was overwelming. The way he carried himself as he walked, was that of royalty, But Mikage knew otherwise. This Fox, Though arrogent in some ways, Was willing to change. He didn't know it yet, but Mikage could see it in his eyes. Foxes love their freedom, and even though he had caught Tomoe staring at the outside world, He knew he didn't want to leave. Of all the things, and rumors that were spread about him...Did people really think that it wouldn't get to him sooner or later? Yes, He used to be a Killer, and maybe he still had a little of that in him. Tomoe didn't remember, but MIkage had already seen his emotions, his tears.  This Fox, was hurting, and He wasn't willing to show it.

Mikage smiled and stifled a laugh, " No, When your grounded I take away things you enjoy doing."

" Well, It's a good thing you don't know what I enjoy doing..."

"Oh? I don't?"

"..."

Mikage sighed and rose to his feet, standing from his crouched position, "You like to drink, No Sake. You like Women, No Red Light District, You like looking at the sunset, No sitting on the Tori Gate for a week."

"..."

"I know alot about you. Not everything, but I am learning. Learning is a process we all have to go through. I've had to go through it, and so do you. I am not trying to burden you, but it's for your own good."

   Tomoe opened his mouth in protest, but closed it quickly. The Fox stood to his feet and let out a low aggravated growl. Lifting his hands to his head, slowly running his long, slender, fingers through his hair, he looked up. Then he looked around the shrine as if trying to find a lead way on what to do first. Clean it....Or Burn it down??