A Strange Woman

A/N:" Here you guys go! Just Watch out, Tomoe is sulking again!

T: " No I'm not." Growls'

A: "ARE TO! People are worried about you; but then again it could be because of season two."

T: 'S-Shut UP!" 'Blushes'

______________________________________

A strange Woman

______________________________________

They all sat at the breakfast table in silence. Tomoe stirred in some broth and took a sip of his soup before quietly finishing. His hands were wrapped in bandages all the way to his elbow and he had to admit he was tired from all the stress.

Sobo had stayed over to keep an eye on him since he could still hurt himself even though he said he wouldn't. She sat beside him as Mikage sat across from him. Inari didn't even have his news scroll out; he watched them all and swallowing at the tense atomosphere.

Tomoe finally looked up from his cup of tea. Mikage said he could have sake but Tomoe didn't answer. He only shool his head and drank plain tea.

When the fox finished he got up, while the adults watched him. He went to the cabnit and grabbed the sake bottle out, then he went to the porch and slid the door all the way open so everyone would watch him and not panic.

He popped the cork on the bottle but instead of drinking it; he removed his bandages and held his scared and almost raw looking arms over the side of the porch; then he poured the liquor on, grinding his teeth as it bruned into his cuts.

Tomeo yelped until he finished and then sighed, The alcohol made his arms numb from any pain he was feeling so he put the bottle down and started to dry his arms off carefully. Inari winced.

He could of done that but ever since Tomoe found out Mikage was his father? He had become independant again, Never even trusting him.

The fox tired to wrap his arm but failed miserably. He growled, Somthing Mikage and Inari hadn't hear in a while, The growl was almost evil and it was full of frustration. The fox stoo dup with the bandage sin his hands and walked over to Inari.

He sat on his knees in respect and slowly handed them to Inari. The harvest god took them as Tomoe held out his arms. the god sighed as he slowly wrapped them, tightly but enought that the scars could breath.

Tomoe winced as the cloth rubbed against his cuts but he didn't say anything. He didn't even look at Mikage. It had been like that since they got up and Mikage was on the verge of crying. His own son was acting like he didn't exist.

The fox stood up, bowed, ( Like he didn't know them ) And then walked outside. They all looked at each other worried but Sobo raise dher hand and sighed.

" He's going to do something to take his mind off a few things."

Mikage nodded, His bright eyes going blank. Inari grimaced, He knew how it felt, to loose something that meant the world. He and Mikage were a lot alike. They both lost their wives or lovers and now they both lost their sons. Well.. At least Mikage's son wasn't dead. At least he had a chance to right the wrongs between them.

Mikage winced and looked down at something in his hand. The god furrowed his eyes when he saw Mikage's pocket mirror clasped in his hand. The blond god looked at it and sighed,

That old mirror was always something that Miakge blabbed about; but now.. What was he planning with something that transported your soul to safety? The god sat it down on the table and swallowed, his shoulders sagged as he thought about eveything that was going on in his shrine.