How do you become a Familiar? Pt. 2

A/N: Here's part two. ( I wanted to do something so I wrote....That's why this is being updated so fast...)

A/N: Pluck Tomoe PLUCK MAHAHAHA!!"

Tomoe: Winces from grass cuts....

 What is a Familiar???

Mikage stood on the oak stool to reach a book on the highest shelf. Cleaning day was here and he had no time to sit around. He reached for the book and sadly toppled off the stool into the floor." Ow...." He picked up his glasses and placed them back on his pale face. Maybe he could get Onikiri and Kotetsu to float up there and reach it? He couldn't get Tomoe. The poor Fox was shorter than him, Not by much but...he was shorter. Mikage stood up and winced, that was going to leave a mark on his pride. He picked up a dust rag and swiped at a pile of dust-rabbits....( Weak Joke...I know...)  Sadly all that did was leave a black streak in place of the dust, " Eh!?!" Mikage exclaimed as he looked down at the rag...It had oil on it. "Really?" he muttered.. Suddenly he heard a sigh and lightly thudding footsteps. He turned around and saw Tomoe trying to wipe the sleep out of his eyes. 'Wow, Mikage Thought, He must of stayed up late to just be getting up...' The foxes haori lay loosely on his shoulders and his Kimono was ruffled and out of place. His hair was dishevled from that nights slumber and he was rubbing his eyes while yawning.

" W...What are you doing?"

 " Cleaning..."

The kitsune opened his tired eyes and looked around, " You call this cleaning...He sighed, " Your a disaster...." He walked over and looked at the patch of oil smeared on the floor. " How did you do that?" Mikage grimced. " You are a useless god..." Tomoe muttered and then turned around, tail swaying.

" Hey Wait! Do you think you could help Tomoe? Seeing as that your not doing anything... Besides your always so clean..", Mikage tilted his head to the side, " Well..You usually are..."

" Are you trying to say something? Hum, Mikage?" Mikage froze, Did he say something out of line? Why did Tomoe seem embarrassed? The fox didn't care about anything, Did he care about his appearance? The kitsune paused and then sighed heavily. His shoulders sagged and he stood on the stool, " Um...T-Tomoe...You won't be able to reach that..." The fox turned his head towards Mikage and glared. He then pulled the book out, tossing it from behind his shoulder. The large book hit Mikage square in the head,

" Hey! Tomoe don't throw books at me! You should be more careful..."

 " I didn't mean t- he stopped himself, Don't TREAT ME LIKE A CHILD!" He stomped off, embarrassed. Heading towards the door he cursed. " I don't know when I'll be back!" The fox fixed his haori and stormed out of the shrine to probably cool off. Mikage chuckled to himself. " Ah Tomoe, I'm starting to see your not so bad after all...."

Tomoe Came back...Eventually....

                         Tomoe's POV

I walked in the cold hallways of the useless shrine that was now a hideout for me. I had no intention of staying but yet I wanted to....Confusion filled me as I neared Mikage's study. Butterflies were all over the screen door, covering the holes. There was no way I could look inside. Mikage was probably working on something...'Ha...Like I care' I walked on with nothing much to do... The living room wasn't exactly clean, but the oil spot was gone. "Crap...That Idiot god treating me like some Little kid....Do I not scare him like I scare everyone else? Why was he even talking to me. How did I get to this shrine anyway... I hated to admit to myself the one thought that was rising up in my mind lately....Lonely....Would anyone except a murderer like you? A hunter, and killer like you? Could You really be happy? Youkai......I grimced and slid down the wall behind me. My thoughts were a burden, I was proabaly a burden to this shrine and yet that idiot was letting me stay. I didn't get it...Wasn't I just freeloading or something? I didn't give him anything. So why was he saying, 'Goodmorning Tomoe, or be 'Be careful Tomoe' Everyday? What Did I do to have him talk to me in such a familiar way? I hardly knew the guy. I stood up and winced. The wood in the doors of this shrine were rotting away. Disgusting....