Chapter 25

》Y/N's POV

》Y/N's POV

I stir, my heavy limbs shaking in pain, as if not only my mind has gone through torture but so has my body. I slowly force myself to open my eyes, my vision blurs, faint light blinding my eyes. I moan a little in pain, my chest aching and my mind swirling. I feel tears pricking my eyes and swiftly trailing down my freezing skin.

I sob a little, I don't know why, but I only know that this might be yet another nightmare of the many I've had. I can't seem to wake up and I'm already dreading the pain that this one will cause me.

I hear someone push back from a chair and walk over to where I am, but I can't manage out who's there. I squeal in terror when I feel some hands latch onto my arm. I squeeze my eyes shut, and flinch away waiting for something bad to happen, but instead the person call out to me softly.

"Y/N? Y/N? Are you awake? Please open your eyes." I hear the familiar voice say, caressing my cold skin, pleading for me to open my eyes. I breathe harshly and slowly open my eyes to his request and turn my face to whoever has called out to me.

Now with clear vision, I can see the person who approached me, the person who has been in my nightmares over and over again. I cry, none stop, I cry in fear, because at this point I feel like I'll never wake up.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, don't cry." Loki says, his darkened, sad eyes looking down at me in worry. "You're back, you're alright, you're safe, Y/N." Loki tries ri reassure sure me, and even though I want to believe him, my body reacts in a different way, trembling and flinching at his contact.

"Please don't hurt me." I murmur, my voice course and raspy as if I haven't used my voice in a very long time. My bottom lip trembles, and I watch as his eyes gloss over. Is this really Loki? Or is he yet another one of my visions?

Loki slowly cups my cheeks with his big hands, as if afraid if hurting me, as if I'm a withering flower. He pushes my hair away from my face, looking at me straight in the eyes. His eyes aren't blue, they're his normal, beautiful, emerald-green eyes. They hold a sense of warmth and safety, with only his eyes he reassures me that I am no longer in a dream, I'm finally awake, away from harm, away from the never ending nightmares, away from the dark void in my mind that threatened to consume me into insanity. His warm hands dissipate the cold invading my skin, pulling me back into reality, making me realize that it's over.

I still cry, not afraid to show him my vulnerability this time. Loki pulls me into a hug, and I never thought he'd be this caring and affectionate. He rests his chin on my head, swaying us in his embrace as he caresses my back, letting me cry into his chest.

"I won't hurt you, Y/N. I'm here, you're safe." He whispers and after a while he pulls away and helps me lay down again. He covers me back up with the thick blankets, and runs a warm cloth over my exposed skin: over my face, neck and arms.

"Where am I?" I managed to ask him, trying to remember what happened. I can only remember sweating and not being able to breathe. Loki sits down on a chair right next to my bed, so I tilt my head to see him.