Chapter 13

》Y/N's POV

》Y/N's POV

We part early afterwards just as soon as I made sure that Fandral was placed in a cell. We made up a plan as we got even more information from the prisoners, specifically from Stephir. She gave in to telling us where exactly was this place located and what should we look out for. Apparently Stephir was always in charge of spying for their leader, she was good at observing and retaining enough information to give to their boss. She had done it all for her children and she seemed remorseful over her deeds. I can't do nothing more than get her a small punishment as required by the law.

Every action has a consequence.

After the information given to me, my soldiers and I change into town clothes. Even if people in Asgard dress nicely, royalty will always wear much more refined clothing. We wear armor underneath our clothes for protection and we keep our weapons safely hidden. We take a few horses and we pare each other in small groups to seem like merchants and travelers from the other side of Asgard. 

Now we are here on our way to the Outskirts of Asgard which might take us a day to get there. Thor is with us, wearing his town clothes, looking sad after what happened earlier. I understand that he feels betrayed by his friend, a person he has trusted and fought alongside each other. He doesn't talk and instead just keeps ahead leading the way. 

I sigh, looking around in wonder. The towns are beautiful and there's many places with plants and trees and everything here is refreshing and so different from what you see on Earth. 

My eyes land on Thor again, on his pensive form. I feel horrible about what happened. Maybe I should have approached another way if getting what I wanted instead of putting Thor through the pain of seeing his own bestfriend being arrested for treason. 

I make my horse trot forward to catch up to Thor. Now right beside him I lean forward a little to look at Thor's face. I remember that when I was giving class, I would always get close to my students when they were grumpy or sad or angry. I would sit down next to them and lean forward to look at their little faces and talk to the softly to let them know it was safe to open up and tell me what was wrong. They would always tell me what was going on, afterwards I gave them candy as a gift to make them feel better. 

I might now have candy with me, and showing the sweet teacher affection towards Thor would make them question my Valkyrie facade, I should try to at least make him feel better about all this.

"I'm sorry about earlier." I say, in a way that only he can hear. 

Thor looks towards me and sighs, "Why, it's not your fault, he brought that upon himself, you were only doing your job."

I sigh, looking ahead at the long road. "Yeah, but I should have approached the situation differently. Fandral is your friend and I know that you're disappointed and hurt."

Thor sets his jaw, looking slightly down, "The only thing that makes me feel that way is that he wants Loki dead. Loki has been part of our friendship for years! I can't believe that he would go as far to murder my brother. I don't know what father will do with Fandral, but I can't bare the thought of one of my best friends suffering for his mistake."