Chapter 12

》Y/N's POV

》Y/N's POV

I kneel right before Odin, feeling my pulse rush and my breath shake. I repeat what I have to say in my mind, waiting for Odin to give me the permission to address him.

When I stand back up he addresses me.

"Astrid, I must say I'm impressed at your capability to hunt down the traitors who were threatening the life of my son. You see, many wish his death, but those who even try to kill him shall see my rage. Loki is different, Loki is troubled, yet even though I angered at him I do not wish any harm to him. He has been warned by me that his actions will have consequences, I am giving him a second chance. Those who try to defy my decision cannot be forgiven. Up until now Loki has not broken any of the rules and has done as commanded. Thanks to you I can rest my worries and watch Loki succeed and become the prince he used to be."

My lips twitch a bit at Odin's words. He expects Loki to be who he once was, and though I have no idea what's Loki's past, I am pretty sure Loki wants nothing to do with who he once was. He wants redemption, but he also wants recognition, which judging by the little time I've stayed here, Loki does not get any recognition amongst the royals or the nobles or the workers. I have heard people praise Thor and even me.

Loki doesn't want his title, be wants recognition and credit for who he is and his ability as an independent individual, just like Thor gets praised for his own abilities and doings, and how many people approach me with admiration and a little intimidation. 

At least that's what I've gotten to see as far as the day he told me I was the key to set him free and to finally get the attention of his father. 

I want to believe Odin is a just ruler and father, but Loki acts otherwise. 

Maybe the whole New York thing wouldn't have even happened is Loki didn't feel inferior. 

"What news you bring me this morning?" Odin asks, his eye scrutinizing my armored form.

"We found the 20 traitors just as the prisoner confessed. The 20 traitors were imprisoned and are waiting for justice to be set upon them. Our main prisoner confessed that their leader hides at the skirts of Asguard, they somehow got ahold of an acid substance that can be found in the wood of trees only in Alfheim."

"Alfheim?" Odin echos, "That seems impossible, Heimdall sees everything that goes on. Nothing can come in or out without him noticing."

I sigh, "I do believe that there must be someone who we trust that must have joined this cult against the prince. Someone from within the palace must be unhappy about your decision. That certain someone must have gone to Alfheim and returned with this liquid, unnoticed."

Odin grumbles in disappointment, his one eye darkens in growing anger. "Who could it be? There is no one I trust more than Thor and my own wife. I don't think Thor would ever raise his hand against his brother nor would Frigga against her own son. You should perhaps search for Thor's friends who were also close to Loki before this whole mess."