Chapter 10

(First time using a gif UwU)

》Loki's POV

I can't stop thinking about this morning. The way Y/N jumped to defend me against those two. I know that deep inside she did it as an obligation and her need for me to be alive. I am her last hope to live and I understand that. And yet, her act of bravery was beyond what I thought. It's my fault she's in this position, this world would do better without me, yet she didn't waste time to defend me. 

I had waited in a room with a few guards and the nurses. I wanted to help Y/N, but she had to do this on her own. She was pretending to be a Valkyrie which meant if I intervened I would blow her cover by making her look weak. 

When she came back, blood on her uniform, hair made a mess and marks on her neck I worried. I didn't know why, but my heart started to beat fast and I was worried she was hurt. I felt this need to protect Y/N at all costs. When I asked her what happened her e/c eyes turned into a dark void and I felt the horror of her words creep under my skin. 

"Astrid, are you alright?" 

"I'm perfectly fine. The blood isn't mine. There's one traitor left to find. We'll hold him for questioning."

"You killed the man?" I asked and she looked at me right in the eye.

"Right through." 

She slayed a man dead. That is something I didn't expect of her. Though she had fought the Chitauri on her own, they weren't really human and she was protecting her students. This was an Asguardian, immortal, with a beating heart, with a life and a future, she was protecting me, a murderer, the god of mischief and lies. 

When we were finally alone she broke down and I understood that she realized what she had done. I hesitated on comforting her but my heart felt sad for her. Pity I guess. I had hugged her and I even surprised myself. I wanted to keep her close for some reason. I felt the need to protect her once again, as if it was my duty to hold her and comfort her.

I toss and turn in bed, looking around at the dancing shadows in the room. There are guards outside, the most trusted ones, including Y/N. I feel bad that she can't sleep tonight. 

I cover my face with my hands grumbling in annoyance. I don't think I can sleep at all. 

I sigh, forcing myself to close my eyes. I take deep breaths trying hard to go to sleep. Suddenly I feel a hand on my mouth and the other grasps my neck. My eyes fly open and the first thing I see is a man dressed in a royal uniform. He has an evil smirk on his face much like the one I wore to slave and slaughter humans. I grumble, trying to push the guy away from me and defend myself. He removes his hand from my neck, pinning his knee on my chest to keep me still. "Shhh, be a good boy now little prince. In a few minutes no one will mourn you. You will not be missed. Your death will slow and painful, so don't worry too much."