Chapter 35

WARNING:The mention of physical, emotional and mental abuse might trigger the reader as well as the mention of abusive relationships, assualt and blood

WARNING:
The mention of physical, emotional and mental abuse might trigger the reader as well as the mention of abusive relationships, assualt and blood. If you do not feel comfortable with said scenes, there will be a warning placed at the beginning of said scenes.

》3rd POV

Y/N had no reasons to open up her old wound, she was not obliged to open up about her past and what drove her to be the person she was today.

When she was faces with a reluctant Loki, she thought about all that both had gone through in order to be together: from her stubbornness to his reputation. There had been a reason to guard her heart, and she didn't hesitate to protect it. But as time passed, she could no longer keep her heart hidden, because she realised she was only hurting herself instead of protecting herself.

Yes, she had accepted everything, she wanted to stop fearing or worrying of what might happen, and she did, briefly before Odin dropped the news of Loki's unexpected engagement to the Princess of Alfheim. She wanted Loki to chose her, of course she did, but she couldn't be selfish this time, not when Loki's life, freedom, and everything he had worked so hard to achieve was at stake.

Her values were weighting her down. She promised him she would help him through everything, and this was one of those moments. If she listened to her heart, she could risk Loki losing everything for a second time, and then she wouldn't be able to bear the fact that she was at fault for what might happen.

So now here she was, holding Loki's hand, taking in a deep breath as she prepared herself to revisit the memories that hunted the back of her mind every day.

She felt like this was the only way she could get Loki to accept his father's decision to marry him off to Princess Elin. Because back when everything went down to hellin her life, she wished she would have heard the warnings, maybe that would have saved her from being paranoid about love and the future.

》Y/N's POV

I smile at Loki as a way to reassure him that I am alright.

With our fingers entwined, I think about my past and sigh, remembering my childhood. "I was born into a happy family. Both of my parents are amazing, they were my role models growing up. As you already know, I'm a huge fan, or admirer, of mythology and history, and that's all due to both of my parents who used to be teachers at the university of Colorado. My father was a mythology teacher and my mom a world history teacher. Their romance and love for each other has always been an aspiration. I wanted to be exactly like them.

When I was younger I was really shy, and I mean I didn't talk to anyone at all either. In six grade I met this new girl, her name was Ishika Naomi, she had recently moved to Colorado with her parents, from Los Angels. Being Asian-American wasn't as good at the moment, kids tend to be mean, so she was bullied several times because of her Japanese roots. It was the first time I ever felt the need to stand up and talk back for someone. One day I stood up for Naomi and the next thing I knew I had gained myself a friend. We became inseparable."