Chapter 37

》Loki's POV

》Loki's POV

Who am I?

What do I want?

I am no longer the same mischievous god of my youth. I no longer possess a last name. Odinson? Laufeyson? Neither of them hold a meaning to me anymore. I no longer wish to rule my own kingdom or wear a crown above my brow. I don't want to lie or trick people. I don't want to be feared or seen as a monster.

If it wasn't for Y/N I would have done something I would have regretted for the rest of my eternity. If she had not followed me a night ago, I would have taken the Tesseract. I would have escaped. I would have given the space stone to Thanos. I would have returned as a traitor once again. Would I have felt happy then?

No. I don't think so.

I couldn't sleep. I was almost getting used to the sleepless nights. My eyes were heavy but still I couldn't rest. I knew that if I closed my eyes Dagrun would be there, waiting for me, crawling into my mind and picking my brain apart. She would try to brake me, threaten me, push me off my limits. I was too weak for that, so I didn't fall asleep.

I snuck out of my room once again, this time as a small bug as I knew that guards would be standing outside. I flew in the air as a fly, my beady eyes looked everywhere until I found the room I was searching for. I slipped into the room through under the door.
Apparently I wasn't the only one that couldn't sleep.

Y/N was sitting at the edge of her bed. Her head was hanging low and her eyes closed. Her lips were slightly parted and her breath was steady and even.

I settled in front of her and sifted back to my normal self. I knelt before her and placed my hands on her thigh. Just as my hand rested on her lap, Y/N quickly opened her eyes and flinched. She had not expected me to appear out of nowhere. Just as she was about to scream I stood up and placed a hand on over her mouth and pushed her back. I pressed my body over her and put a finger over my lips.

"Shh, dear, it's only me."

As soon as she registered my voice and realized who was in front of her, her body relaxed and her breath became steady again.

Y/N grabbed onto my hand and pulled it away from her mouth. An irritated sneer twisted her rosy lips so I grinned cheekily and leaned down to place a chaste peck on her lips.

"You scared me." Y/N muttered as I pulled my head back.

"Pardon me, love, it wasn't my intention."

"How did you get in?"

"Under your door. As a fly."

She looked surprised and puckered her lips in curiosity while her brows shot up.

"You have really mastered the art of sneaking around." Y/N said, finally wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me down towards her.

"That's what happens when you're a prisoner in your own home." I responded, placing another kiss on her lips. I move off of her and instead chose a side on her bed and lied down.