Chapter 8

》Y/N's POV 

》Y/N's POV 

Okay, when I say I didn't think my choice through, I'm not joking. 

I knew this was the last option, the opportunity to get my normal life back! But I was not made for going around taking care of the god of mischief. I didn't even get to say a word to him when were alone. It had only been a week. A WEEK!

He spent most of the time either in his bedroom or in the library. Reading. I mean, I love to read, and it was tempting to grab those huge books from the royal library and lose myself in those beautiful Norse words. Just wonderful. But no, I needed to keep my eyes on Loki at all times. I wanted to keep my life and not face the rage of Odin. 

Right now, I was standing by Loki, thinking about my students and what I would do to go back to my classroom to the goofy little kids who adore myths and fantastic tales of the unknown. I just hoped that I could go back to that life. Hopefully I'd survive this year and the unknown problem that was threatening my life.

Out of nowhere, Loki groaned, standing abruptly and slamming the book shut. He ran his fingers through his raven black hair in frustration. I looked at him, a frown knitting my brows together. "What's wrong?"

Loki snapped his green eyes over at me, anger and frustration clear in his eyes. "Nothing. Let's just go, this is pointless and I'm tired." 

Loki walked past me and I quickly followed right behind him, carving my gaze at the back of his head as he took turns towards his room.

We didn't even dine with Thor, Frigga and Odin-he ate alone in his room-so I was forced to have no interactions with anyone. I guess it had its perks: no awkward questions, no weird comments, no suspicions from Odin or Frigga. I didn't have to pretend as much but I was still careful, specially when there were guards near. 

But it was a little frustrating that I couldn't even talk to Thor. He was the one giving me moral support. He taught me how to activate the cocoon-like thing that's helping me sleep. I still had no idea what it was. Thor did tell me that I was relieved from my job at night, but there would be times that I would have to work at night. I was bracing myself to whatever came my way.

Still, as I was used to interacting with loud kids, it was deadly boring to stand around to guard a quiet man, or well a quiet god. Even though he was doing a research to cure me, I couldn't help but feel like I was there for no reason. 

Loki opened the door to his room and I quickly walked in, standing right at the close door as soon as we were both inside. 

Loki sat down, keeping a blank stare as he looked at nothing but the floor. I couldn't really help but wonder if he got bored of staying in his room every day all day. 

There was a table in his room with a bowl full of fruits. My stomach grumbled as if it knew it was already lunch time, but of course, Loki would refuse to feast with his family, which left me to sit around in his room until someone came with food.