Chapter 40

Hey! What's up! This is a very late update... but I just want to say: HAPPY 40 CHAPTERS!!!!

It's been a year and four months since I published this story. There's been so many ups and downs. I've struggled to write this story a lot, and I thank all of you for sticking around through all my good and bad times. 2020 and 2021 have definitely not been the best, but you guys have inspired me to keep on doing what I love even when I want to give up. This story is nearing its end, so I hope you enjoy the last few couple of chapters left.

I love you a lot. I really mean it.

Welp, I will stop bothering you now! I hope you enjoy the chapter!

》Y/N's POV

The white walls surrounding me blinded my vision. I didn't know how long I had been in the cell, I only knew that it was game over for me. The rumors of me being a human spread quickly all over the palace, I knew I could no longer use my tricks to hide the facts. Every time a guard or soldier passed by my cell they eyed me with disgust. Just a few of them gave me pitiful glances. I didn't care much anymore, instead I used my time to wallow in self hate and wonder why Dagrun cut our time short.

The only obvious reason was that she knew Loki would never give her what she wanted. The progress Loki had had through these couple of months was something she knew he wouldn't want to give up. So instead she did things her way, and now there I was: sitting on the cold floor of a cell that was heavily guarded, waiting to be judged by Odin and sent straight to Helhaim.

Well, I knew secrets and lies could never end well, so I was embracing my last few hours of life.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a few voices outside of my cell. I looked up to find the guards moving away to reveal the familiar face of the god of thunder. He seemed upset, his eyes were full of anger. As soon as we were fully alone he spoke, "I can't believe him... How could he do this to you? I thought he had changed!"

I pressed my lips together, took in a breath and sighed, "He did change."

"How is telling our secret changing?" Thor fretted. He started to pace the floor in frustration and run a hand over his face. I had never really seen Thor angry. I tried to speak again, but Thor interrupted me.
"He told me his feelings for you. We bonded. I thought things were working out!"

"They are!" I spoke loudly. Thor turned his gaze towards me just as he came to a halt. "Things are working just fine, Thor. He didn't do this on purpose."

"How are things working out, Y/N? Look at you! You are in a cell, just a few hours away from being judged by my father!"

"I know where I am, Thor! I know exactly what's going on. That wasn't Loki! Loki was being mind controlled by Dagrun and her stupid father!"