Chapter 16

》Y/N's POV

》Y/N's POV

As I walk through the hallways of the palace I look down at my hands. Loki's words from yesterday keep repeating themselves in my mind.

"No, I really didn't... Y/N... I think it might have been you."

But how could it have been me? It's impossible for me, a mortal, a human, to carry any kind of magical powers. I can't deny what I saw, buy I can't believe it was me either. I can't believe that I have anything to do with a Valkyrie mark appearing magically on my skin and then disappearing, I can't believe what Loki told me about me magically summoning a knife last night. It can't have been me.

I look away from my hands, letting them fall to my sides. I try to push away that thought but it's there and it doesn't want to go away.

I find the kids' room and open the door, walking inside to find Agata shouting at June who took her stuffed animal. June climbs onto his bed and jumps up, waving the stuffed toy in the air to annoy his sister. Agata sobs loudly, stomping her feet as she can't climb up the bed to reach her older brother.

I walk over to them, shooting June a quirk of my brow to show him I'm upset about what he's doing. I take Agata's arm softly, pulling her away from the bed and bringing her up to my side. She clings on to my neck and shoulder, sniffling as she pouts angrily at her brother.

I look at Agata and clean away her tears, "June, don't do that it isn't nice," I look at June and extend my hand towards him. "Please give me your sister's toy."

June pouts, shame in his eyes as he slowly stops jumping on the bed and hands me the stuffed animal. I give the stuffed toy back to Agata, "Thank you, now please apologize to your sister." I say, giving him a smile.

June shakes his head, crossing his arms over his chest, his blonde hair falling over his eyes. I push away his hair from his face and try to search for him eyes, "June, please apologize to your sister." I say softly.

June sighs, looking over at his sister, "I'm sorry Agata, I won't take your toys again."

Agata smiles at her brother and June looks at me. I put my hand up in a high-five and he grins, high-fiving my hand. "I'm proud!" I tell him.

I place Agata down and I walk over to their dresser. "Let's get you ready. You guys are going to see your mom before she goes." I say softly, as the kids stay still.

Agata walks sadly to where I stand, "What will appen to mummy." She asks, her eyes glossing over.

I squat down to her level and take her small hand in mine, "She will be taken to another planet, and she will work. She will come back to you kids again."

Agata looks down, "Y-you pwomis?"

I smile reassuringly at the little blonde girl, "I promise." I look up at June and smile, trying to cut away the saddened mood. "Now, let's dress you up because afterwards you will have lunch."