Chapter 3

e/c- your eye color

e/c- your eye color

》Loki's POV

I couldn't seem to catch sleep. I kept on changing my position, fixing my pillow and forcing my eyes closed.

No matter what I did, no matter how much I tried, there was nothing that could make me sleep. There was this void in my mind. I kept thinking that there was something missing.

Once again-after shifting my position for the hundredth time-I closed my eyes, finally starting to fall into slumber. A face appeared in my mind, a pair of desperate, e/c eyes. There were several bruises and cuts on her skin. I watched how her lips turned blue and her eyes darkened, blood oozing from her nose. Her corps fell cold and lifeless onto the ground. She was dead and 12 little mortal children screamed from afar. My eyes shot up to find how three blood-thirsty Chitauri terminated the innocent human children.

I woke up from sleep with a gasp. It was the first time I had such a disturbing dream. I remembered the midgardian girl and her students, I presume. She had begged me not to to hurt the children and hurt her instead.

Something about that moment had made me stop, like I had no control over what I did. I couldn't let them kill the children and I was not cluel enough to touch an innocent mortal girl who was only trying to protect the kids. I just couldn't.

Thinking about it I didn't know what happened to her after I told Thor and the Avengers that I had left a hurt mortal in the museum. It was still night and I didn't think Thor was yet asleep, so I decided to get out of bed and put on a robe. I walked through the corridors until I found my brother's room. I knocked on it before I entered. There were some guards rooming the corridor, looking at me with pronounced frowns. The door opened and Thor was just like I had thought, awake and still dressed in his uncomfortable looking attire. "Oh, brother! What brings you to my presence?"

I started to regret coming, but it was also too late to just walk away. "I wanted to speak with you. But in private..." I said, eyeing the annoying guards. It had only been two days since I started my probation time, and I was already close to stabbing the obnoxious guards.

"Sure, come in!" Thor smiled, slapping my back and letting me into his room.

When I was finally left alone with my brother I was calm enough to address what I had come to talk about. "So, brother, what is it?" Thor sat down on the edge of his bed, looking up at me with his brotherly smile and his blue eyes.

"How's the girl?" I blurted out. Thor frowned in questioning. "What girl?"

I felt embarrassed as my brother looked at me with a hideous expression as he wiggled his brows. "Have you fallen in love brother?" I heard joy and excitement in his voice. I grimaced, my mouth twisted into a snarl.

"No, Thor, I meant the girl I told you to look for. The midgardian girl with the mortal children!" I said, my voice rising a bit in annoyance. Thor's mouth shaped in to an 'o', as he figured what I meant. Sometimes I really do question if he is even worthy of becoming a king. All he has in his mind are dumb romances and beer.