Chapter 6

》Y/N's POV 

》Y/N's POV 

I lied stiff in bed, feeling cold and useless. I hated the feeling of weakness. The last time I tried to sneak out, it didn't end well, so I refrained from leaving my room and just did as Bruce instructed me. 

Turning on to my side, I looked out the window, to the very rainy New York. My mind drifted off to the night at the gym when Loki appeared. Was he really there? Or was it another one of my many hallucinations? 

"I am very real dear." I heard a voice say and quickly turned my head to find Loki sitting at the edge of my bed. As I gasped he appeared at my other side and covered my mouth with his pale hand, placing a finger over his lips to shush me before I could scream for help. "I'm not here to harm you. Well I'm not really here at all." He laughed as if it was the funniest joke ever. I just glared at him, his hand still over my mouth. "Have you thought about it though? My patience is running low, and time doesn't stop. You know here in Asgard, you could be healthy again. You could stop having strange hallucinations."

Grabbing his hand, I pulled it away from my mouth. "I'm not going anywhere with you." I hissed, my voice almost a whisper. 

"Shame... maybe you could live... oh well, if you change your mind, call out to me, but know, time does not have mercy on anyone." Loki smirked, his words making me worry. Maybe I could live? Time has no mercy on anyone? The heck does that mean? Am I... dying?

Before I could ask Loki anything, he disappeared through the mirror as if it were some kind of portal. I struggled to come out of my bed, but when I did I walked to the mirror and hesitantly touched my fingers to the glass surface. Nothing. It was not a portal whatsoever. I sighed, going back to bed. He really must have been using some kind of magic to come through to me. 

I laid down on my bed again, sinking into my many bed sheets and pillows. Bruce came into the room at the moment with a bowl of steaming soup. "How are you feeling?" He asked, giving me an awkward smile.

"Bored out of my wits, but it's not your fault. Thanks for the soup." I sat up so he could place the tray with the bowl of soup over my lap. 

"You want to watch a movie? There's some nice ones in my room. I could bring one over if you want." He suggested but I shook my head lightly.

"No, that's okay. I'm just being annoying. You guys have been doing a lot for me, you should rest up." 

Bruce shrugged, "If you say so. Bon appetite!" He left a spoon and a napkin for me before he turned around and exited the room. I really couldn't blame anyone at all. I had no idea why my dreams were so bad. 

After the little incident the other day, Tony found me in the elevator, shivering with fear and a bad fever in a corner as I held my head and screamed. Maybe was developing some kind of paranoia. I searched the symptoms and maybe I could have developed paranoia after the Chitauri invasion. I sighed again, this time forcing myself to eat the soup. I hadn't been hungry lately. All I wanted was for all this to end.