Chapter 17

Note: the peach nigh gown and robe is the outfit you are wearing in this chapter

》Y/N's POV

I toss and turn in my sleep. I can't seem to actually get any sleep even with the cocoon-like thing cased over my bed, it's like it can't get through to me no matter how much I want to relax and let go of my thoughts.

The occurrences of this afternoon play in my mind. 

Loki... he... he kissed me. 

It was unexpected, warm and slow and somehow gentle, like a soft whisper and a tender embrace. I touch my fingers to my lips and run them softly across the plump surface of it. It's like he imprinted the shape of his thin lips over mine, a perfect mold as if the universe had created his lips only for me. 

What has come into me? Why am I thinking about Loki? That kiss was a mistake, it was just a moment of weakness for me and it should have never happened. He is a liar, he likes to play games and I am one of his dolls to play with. I huff out an annoyed breath. He just needs my help to gain his freedom, I will be discarded once this whole ordeal is over and my problem is solved. 

After we had kissed we kept quiet the rest of the afternoon. We never directed a word to each other than maybe "pass that book over to me" "did you find anything else in that book?" And the occasional "good night" once I left him in his room.

I hate him and yet... I can't help but weaken at the thought of that kiss that somewhat told me that everything would be alright, that I wasn't alone. Arg but I want to punch him!

It's been a long time since I've had ang kinds of feelings for someone or kissed someone. I've had several boyfriends through the years, but I guess I wasn't their taste and they wanted something far from serious. I've always wanted to find the one and settle down and have a serious long lasting relationship, marry and make a family. 

I've always had that sense of making my own family from my own. Mom and dad love each other unconditionally, they both are a perfect fit. Mom was a history teacher at the university and dad was a mythology teacher. He was obsessed with Norse mythology and learned old Norse and he liked to smith and learned how to make swords and to fight and he was like a knight to mom. She fell hard for dad and they went out, she was as fascinated with history and mythology and strategy as dad was and they both clicked. They fell in love and nothing could set them apart. They got married and even in their wedding dad said his vows to my mother in old Norse and she had even learned a little of the language from him. Dad and mom are the most happy people I've ever come across. Of course they have had discussions like a normal couple, but nothing has ever broken them apart. Once I was born mom and dad had loved me and raised me with love always practicing me, helping me to continue, they taught me to not give up. They taught me just about everything, I learned old Norse from dad, mythology, how to defend myself, strategy and how to fight. I was in love with everything.