Chapter 36

》3rd POV

》3rd POV

Loki made a promise to his love, a promise he'd keep true to his word.

He wouldn't let anyone hurt Y/N, and that included Dagrun. Even if it would end up as his downfall, he'd give up everything to protect the human girl he fell in love with.

It was so funny that only a few months prior he hated humans and wanted them to bow down to him, and now he was madly in love with one of those very mortal creatures.

It was ironic how fate lead him to the least expected person, and yet he wasn't complaining.

That is why he finally decided he'd take the tesseract, escape to Earth, find the scepter wherever those mortals took it, retrieve it and hand them to Dagrun.

Then he'd probably return and take Y/N back to Earth safely, even if she hated him for betraying his family once again. Loki would have to hide away or willingly turn himself in and get executed. This was a risk he was willing to make. He'd do anything as long as he could keep his promise to Y/N.

》Loki's POV

"Loki, there's a meeting in five. Father is expecting us three." My brother says as he barges into my room with Y/N in tow.

I smile at the sight of my girlfriend as she quietly marches into my room. She offers me a soft grin as her gaze locks with mine. My smile grows wider at the thought of last night and the history she so bravely shared with me. I am determined to protect Y/N at all costs, even if I lose my own life. That's just how important she is to me.

Y/N helped me believe in myself when I thought of myself as nothing else but a monster. She picked me up despite our hate for each other and showed me that there was more to who I am than my stained reputation. I owe it to her even if it's the end of me.

Standing up from my chair I walk towards Y/N and lean down to place a chaste kiss on her lips, ignoring Thor's presence in the very same room.

"Are you alright?" I whisper as I slightly back away, referring to our conversation last night.

Y/N nods softly, "I'm okay."

Our moment is cut short the moment Thor comes between us, softly pushing us away from each other.

"Alright love birds, there's no time for googly eyes and flirting, father won't be waiting for us for a millennium, so we better get going now."

I snarl at Thor, but as quickly as my irritation bubbled up inside me it fades away when I hear Y/N chuckle. I take a peek behind my brother and see Y/N with crossed arms, shaking her head in amusement and a grin etching her soft lips.

"Alright, let's get going!" Y/N turns on her heels and starts towards the door. I shake my head with a sigh and follow her and my brother.

Once outside I plant myself between the both of them as they lead the way as if I'm their prisoner-which I kind of am, but that's besides the point.