Arriving In Style

It had being a few weeks since team avatar went into hiding, they lived under the city with some other benders and non benders as Amon had established a dictatorship on the surface.

Right now Anima and Asami where having a thumb war to pass the time as Mako and Korra were doing surface recon "I'm gonna beat you this time, Amy" the Sato girl says determined while the Beifong girl just smirked "you won't, but your welcome to try"

They then held each others hand as they started the thumb war "1 2 3 4 I declare a thumb war" they both say as they began to battle, but like all the other times Anima won which earned a frustrated groan from Asami "sorry Sami but I'm to good" Anima smirked leaning back against a wall with a victory face.

"you're not good, your thumb is just longer then mine, it's not fair" Asami pouted playfully as Mako and Korra walked up, the Sato girl looked at Mako with a dull expression on her face "you two were gone for a while" Asmai says bluntly crossing her arms, Mako just had a monotone look on his face "we were doing reconnaissance"

Asami just scoffed and looked away "whatever" she then walked off along with Anima following her, Korra looked at how Anima followed Asami, she looked down sadly, her and Anima hadn't being spending as much time together since the whole drama between Mako and Asami, Anima had being at Asami's side, so Mako and Korra were spending more time together, which the Avatar liked but she wanted to spend time with Anima, but it seemed like life was keeping them apart.

When night came Asami and Anima slept next to each other, they'd being doing this since they came into their hiding spot, right now, Asami was more comfortable sleeping next to Anima then with her own boyfriend.

Morning soon came and the group did what they've done for weeks, go out and wait for the united forces to arrive, they were looking out through the fog "we need to be ready to help in any way we can" Korra says as she looked out to the sea.

"I can't wait to see General Iroh again, I haven't seen him in years" Anima says excitedly as she leaned against the railing "you've met General Iroh?" Korra asked

"yeah, me and Gran Gran used to visit the fire nation all the time, she went to see fire lord Zuko and Izumi and I saw Iroh, he's basically my best friend" Anima then heard Asami fake clear her throat, she turned round to see the girl with a raised eyebrow "my second best friend, first being the beauty that is called Asami" Asami smiles as she continued to look out to sea while Korra narrowed her eyes with an angry pout, jealously flaring up in her, before she could say anything Mako said that the United forces were here.

Anima then thought for a moment, she looked round to see it was dead quiet "anyone else think its weird that non of Amon's forces are here" She says scratching her head.

The others looked round as Mako searched for any type of Amon's forces "there's no mecha-tanks either"

Suddenly an explosion could be heard as their heads quickly looked to see the United forces ships being destroyed by underwater mines, Anima's eyes widened as she and Korra made eye contact and nodded to each other.

The two then jumped into the ocean and quickly made their way towards the ships, once they were near, they emerged and heard a mysterious new sound, they looked and saw flying machines "where does Hiroshi find the time to make new death machines!" Anima says frustrated as the new machines started dropping explosives, the two went under and swam closer to the ships, but were nocked by an underwater explosion.

Anima grabbed onto Korra as she used her bending to stabilise them, they emerged once again and saw the destruction the new machines had done "that's it" Anima says as she went back under.

She then went into her spirit state and launched herself out of the water making a water tornado as she made a solid beam of spirit energy and took out five planes before going back into the ocean, she saw Korra trying to make the underwater missiles change direction, she then went back up and saw someone fly into the ocean after an explosion.

She swam under and caught the person and saw it was General Iroh, once she got top side she held onto the man as he caught his breath "nice to see you again, Iroh" she smiled as she heard a weak chuckle come from him "you're gonna hold this over my head aren't you?" he asked weakly as Anima used her bending to quickly swim back to the tunnel they came from "you know me, I'm gonna use this to get things" she says with a smirk as they finally reached land.

Team Avatar retreated into the tunnel and Anima healed Iroh's arm as it was burned from the explosion "I was prepared to deal with Sato's mecha-tanks, but not these new high-speed aircraft" Iroh says and Anima nodded "oh we know, I was lucky to destroy five of the things"

"everytime we think we have an advantage, Amon outsmarts us" Korra says with frustrated sigh "no matter what our plan is, he always has a better one" Bolin added, Iroh looked down "Amon is winning so far, but we're not out of the fight yet" Bolin smiles at the general "I like this man's confidence, so how are we not out of the fight?" the man child asked placing his fingers on his chin, Anima stopped healing as Iroh stood up, holding his injured arm "a second wave of reinforcements is on the way, but I need a way to warn them, but how?"

Anima then perked up "I know how to warn them, Dini!" she shouted and a man with messy hair and a beard showed up "yeah"

"could you set up a norse code machine please" she said nicely and the man smiled "course follow me" he says and the group follow him and he set up the machine "and who is the recipient of this top secret message?" Dini asked

"commander Bumi, second division of the United forces" Iroh says and once again Anima smiled "oh I love Bumi, he's so fun"

Iroh nodded "he's a bit of a wide card but he's the bravest commander I've ever met" Iroh then told the man what message to send and then they made a plan to take the air craft down but when they finished talking Korra had another idea "I'm sorry, but I'm not going with you tomorrow" she says making Anima question her "I'm sick and tired of hiding from Amon, it's time I face him" she says earning a shocked look from Anima.

"that's not a good plan, we need to stick together" Iroh says stepping forward "I'm not waiting for him to hunt me down, my gut tells me it's time to end this, on my terms"

"Korra, this is not a mission you should be handling alone" Iroh says and Anima joined Korra's side "that's why I'm going with her" she says and Mako joined them "me too"

Korra looked at them both thankful but worried "you both don't have to do this" She says and Anima placed her hand on Korra's shoulder "we do, we're a team remember" the purple eyed girl held a small smile as Korra smiled back.

"my grandfather would respect the Avatar's instinct, so will I" Anima smiled at the general as the three went off to change into some chi blocker disguises.

They said their goodbyes to their friends and went to Air Temple Island because that's where they knew Amon was, they deiced to hide in the attic but they found a surprise in the room "Tarrlok?"