Happiness For One, Sadness For The Other

It had being a few days since Amon was taken down and since Korra lost her bending, she and her friends ventured to the Southern water tribe, to see if the combined healing of Katara and Cara could do anything about bringing Korra's bending back.

Anima was shaking in the room she was waiting with the rest of the people, she couldn't believe she let Amon take her spiritmates bending, Anima felt guilty for having the ability to bend, and since that day, she hasn't used her bending, not once.

The sliding door to the healing room opened, Katara and Cara stepped out, sad looks upon their faces "we've tried everything within our power, but we cannot restore Korra's bending" Anima's tears fell from her eyes as she leaned into her mother soft cries coming from the purple eyed girl "but you two are the best healers in the world, you have to keep trying!" Lin said as she held her daughter, lightly stroking her head "we're sorry, there's nothing else we can do, Korra can still air bend, but her connection to the other elements has been severed"

The sliding door opened once again and Korra stepped out to see all of her friends and family "it's going to be all right, Korra" Tenzin says but Korra looks down sadly "no, it's not" she then walked out grabbing her coat.

Anima cried harder as Mako ran out, she couldn't stop blaming herself, she kept thinking  what if, what if I just tried harder, what if I wasn't so weak.

"this is all my fault" she cried out

"how is it your fault, sweetly?" Cara asked taking Anima's hand into her own comfortingly "if I wasn't weak and fought back, she'd still have her bending!" Anima cried as she wiped her eyes for the tears "Anima, you are one of the strongest woman I know, and everyone here knows you did your best and that's all we could ask for" Lin says earning a small smile from her daughter, Lin smiled back as she brought Anima into a hug "go to her, she'll need you"

Anima sniffed and nodded, wiping the tears from her cheeks as she walked out of the door, the cold air filled her lungs, she then breathed in deeply closing her eyes, she saw images of Korra, her eyes then opened and she took off at hight speed.

Anima saw Korra sitting beside a cliff with a big drop, the girl sighed as she went to sit next to her, Korra glanced at her but put her face back into her knees, Anima said no words she just sat beside Korra waiting for her to get all of her emotions out, she heard the snow being stepped on and glanced to see air bending robes, the two presumed it was Tenzin "not now, Tenzin go back to the village" Korra says light sobs coming from her.

"but you called me here" a strange voice says making the girls look to see Aang, both their eyes sparked as they quickly got up "Aang"

The old air bender smiled "you have finally connected with your spiritual self" Korra sniffed as she looked at him confused "how?"

"when we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change" Aang then looked towards Anima and smiled "glad to meet you, Anima you look so much like Cara" he says making Anima smile "thanks, twinkle toes" Aang rolled his eyes playfully "even in death, I'm still called twinkle toes by the Beifong family" he chuckled.

He then looked back at the two girls "Anima, you have the power to give Korra back her bending" Aang says out of nowhere making the two girls take a step back "how?" she asked and Aang connected his four head to Anima's, a little green light flickered between them.

~in Anima's head~

"Before the Avatar came into existence and the separation of the four nations, the lion turtles bent the energy within humans and themselves in order to grant them the ability to bend one of the four elements" the Aang's voice echoed in her mind, images of him taking Oazi's bending along with Yakones, images of the lion turtle giving him the knowledge to energy bend, and now the knowledge was being past on to Anima.

"you bend the very base of where bending comes from, use that power to return her bending" Aang says as his voice disappears from her mind.

~outside Anima's head~

They soon disconnected and Aang smiled "say hi to Katara for me" he says before vanishing, she looked at Korra, a large smile coating her lips "hope your ready Kory because the Avatar is about to be back in action" Korra smiled as Anima placed her thumb on Korra's head and her hand on Korra's heart.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening them, glowing purple, Korra's eyes began to glow blue as they both floated into the air, waves of fire, earth, water and air began flowing out of them, along with waves of pink/purple spirit energy in between the bursts of the elements.

The two then landed back on the ice, eyes still glowing before they stopped, Anima smiled at Korra who smiled back, she then looked to see Mako, her smile instantly disappearing, as Korra ran  to him and did the unthinkable, she hugged him and said "I love you, too" before kissing him.

Korra instantly felt that it wasn't right, she felt some thing inside her scream at her to stop, but what could she do, she had already said she loved him, and in her mind, she thought she couldn't take it back, could she take it back? The water tribe girl didn't know much about society and how it worked, she had no idea if she could just take it back, leaving her to think, she'll grow to like it.

Meanwhile Anima looked upon the scene with heart break as tears threatened her eyes, she heard the displeased voice of Seeta in the back of her mind, screaming for the two to stop kissing.

Korra and Mako were to busy making out to see Anima slip away, she ran as fast as she could, tears spilling out of her eyes 'no go back!' she heard Seeta's voice say but she shook her head "no, she made her choice" Anima's voice cracked a little as she felt this pain in her heart, Anima's sadness soon turned to anger as she hit the ground and screamed, a massive 3 foot wide crack appeared in the ice, she looked at either side of it and saw it went on for miles.

She started breathing heavily, the pain in her chest getting a little to uncomfortable for her, the purple eyed girl got up and headed back to the southern water tribe, with a heavy heart and a screaming spirit within her.

A/N Book One done, now they will be a one to two week gap between when I post the start of Book Two, just letting you all know so it doesn't seem like I'm forgotten about the book.