Story From Pema

It's being a month since Anima and Korra were ambushed by Amon, in those weeks, Korra had being drifting away from Anima, instead going to train with Mako and Bolin, anytime Anima wanted to hang out with Korra it was always I've got to train or I'm needed at the pro bending gym.

But every time Anima asked and Korra shot her down, it made the purple eyed girls heart crack more and more, right now Anima was taking her frustrations out on a training dummy, using both of her bending abilities.

By the time she was done with it, it was destroyed as she fired a spirt beam at it, reducing it to a pile of burned wood and Ash, Anima was breathing heavily and sweating, she walked back towards her room when she saw Korra, Jinora and Ikki carrying fruit in a basket, Ikki saw Anima and waved "Ani!" she shouted making Korra tense up and look were Ikki was looking.

When she saw Anima, Korra couldn't take her eyes off her, Anima's stomach was on show as was her toned legs, Anima walked up to Ikki and smiled at the little child "why are you out here in the snow, aren't you cold?" Jinora asked and Anima shook her head "I've being training for the past 6 hours I'm as hot as a fire bender" Anima said making Ikki and Jinora laugh, but Korra breathed out a shaky breath as she thought of Anima in very explicit ways due to most of her being on show.

"so what are you doing with the fruit?" Anima asked and Ikki pointed towards the food cages were the sky bison are fed "oh, well I'll let you get back to it" Anima was about to walk away when Ikki jumped on her back "can you help us please, this fruit is really heavy" Ikki said and Anima laughed "ok little one, give me the basket" Anima said and Ikki gave her the basket as Anima picked it up, her bicep tensed up and Korra took another shaky breath in at the visual of Anima's muscles, luckily nobody heard.

"so, am I off the team or what?" Anima asked causing Korra to break her trance on Anima "what?"

"well since every time you go to the pro bending gym you don't invite me to join even though you said I was the reserve water bender" Anima explained and Korra cursed herself for focusing to much on Mako.

"I'm sorry its just we're training so hard for the final tournament that I-forgot about-you" Korra hesitantly said and Anima just rolled her eyes and scoffed "of course you forget about me when Mako is involved" Anima mumbled her heart one crack closer to breaking.

"sorry what?" Korra asked but Anima put on a smile "it's ok don't worry" she forced out as they arrived at the feeding cages.

Anima opened a cage and held Ikki up to it so she could put some fruit in "so how's it going with the tall, dreamy firebender boy?" Jinora asked as she put her basket down "you've been spending a lot of time together lately" Jinora said smiling at Korra.

Anima looked at Korra to see she was blushing a little and she sighed "oh yeah, tell us about the magical romance" Ikki said and Korra just awkwardly laughed, she didn't want to have this conversation in front of Anima "what?, ha listen to you two, I I'm not interested in Mako or any romantic stuff" Korra awkwardly coughed as Anima folded her arms over her chest "besides he's all into that prissy rich girl" Korra said.

"you forgot beautiful and elegant, I'd defiantly be with her if I had the chance" Anima said with a raised eyebrow and a smirk on her face Korra felt the angry feeling again but forced it down knowing she shouldn't be feeling this way.

"oh, Ani do you like Asami?" Ikki asked excitedly making Anima laugh "no, but I'd definitely give it go, she's so nice and thoughtful you'd think she didn't grow up with all the money in the world" Anima said and it made Korra tense up "let's just say I like someone but I'll never be able to be with them" Anima said and Korra desperately wanted to know who it was, so she could get Anima away from them.

"oh, who do you like, Ani?" Jinora asked with a big smile on her face "not telling because it doesn't matter" Anima said as she put more fruit in the cages "it does matter" Korra said quickly "it doesn't because I can't have them" Anima gritted through her teeth as she closed the cage door, she then looked to see Pema standing there "oh, hey Pem, how much of that did you hear?" Anima asked and Pema just smiled "enough to know your both pining after someone" she said as she walked closer.

"I know what your both going through, years ago I was in the exact same situation with Tenzin" Pema said sparking the attention of her two daughters "daddy was in love with someone else before you?" Ikki asked and Pema smiled.

"that's right"

"so what happend we know how it ends but what did you do for it end like this?" Anima asked hoping Pema's story will help her with Korra.

" well, for longest time, I did nothing I was so shy and scared of  but watching my soulmate spend his life with the wrong woman became too painful so I hung my chin out there and I confessed my love to Tenzin, and the rest is history" Pema said stroking her belly.

Anima looked at Korra to see she blushing while looking at the ground, Anima sighed, she's got to like like me first Anima thought, the purple eyed girl did a fake yawn "well, that was a lovely story, I'm off to bed now" she said and quickly went into the temple before anyone could question her.

Anima got into her room and layed on her bed, she sighed before letting a tear escape her eye, she hated that spirit mates weren't true, everyday since she discovered her spirit bending and the legend of Raava and Seeta Anima had been waiting to meet the Avatar, to know she had someone who would love her just for being herself was very comforting for her, but now she knows it won't happen, it feels like a mountain had fallen on top of her.

That night Anima cried herself to sleep, longing for Korra to just love her back, but knowing it was never going to happen, tore a hole in her chest.

She only had one option, one last chance, that was to tell Korra her feelings even if they back fired, it was better then doing nothing.