The Truth

Korra and Anima were on their way towards the police station, Anima focused on the road while Korra just kept glancing at her, taking in her features.

Korra saw how Anima kept changing gear, how she drove the Sato-mobile with ease, as Anima was about to change gear again, Korra placed her hand on the gear lever before Anima, when she touched Korra's hand, she felt the warmth go through her body as they made skin contact.

Anima smiled as she wrapped her hand around Korra's and changed gear again before leaving her hand there for a little bit before taking it off, making Korra frown slightly "I take it from you grabbing the lever you want to learn how to drive?" Anima asked which made Korra frown a little, that's not what I'm trying to say, Korra thought but nodded anyway "yeah, these things are really great" Korra said with a smile, she then shrunk into her seat a little and instantly was filled with nervousness.

"c-could you, maybe teach me?" she asked timidly as she cursed herself for been so nervous in front of Anima, why am I so nervous now! Korra shouted in her mind as she heard Anima chuckle sightly.

"is the Avatar nervous" Anima said with a smirk on her face as she raised one eyebrow, Korra just blushed slightly as looked away from her, smiling a little, Anima rolled her eyes playfully "of corse I'll teach you how to drive" Korra smiled as she hugged Anima but before she could thank her, Anima screamed at her causing Korra to let go as she noticed they were about to crash, Anima hit the brakes hard and they came to a sudden stop.

Anima stared at Korra in what looked like anger "are you stupid!" Anima shouted causing Korra to flinch, Anima saw this and took a deep breath to calm herself "I'm sorry for shouting, but rule one, don't detract the driver" Anima said in a stern tone and Korra nodded her head many times.

Anima sighed as she set off again and in a few minutes they got the police station and walked in after Anima parked the Sato-mobile, the two entered and saw the place was a little busy "hey Korra" the two looked to see the guy from the pro bending match that cheated his way to victory.

"Tahno?" Korra said, he then shifted his head to the right, when they got a close look at him, he looked distressed and depressed, Korra sat on the bench next to him "listen, I know we're not the best of friends, but I'm sorry Amon took your bending" Anima's eyes widened at the new in information she just heard but decided to not ask about it.

"I've being the to the best healers in the city" Tahno began "whatever Amon did to me, its permanent, you gotta get him for me" he finished before Tenzin and Lin walked out of a room with Asami's father "Mr Sato, if you can remember anything else from Amon's attack be sire to let us know" Lin said towards the man.

"I'm happy to help any way I can, I want these equalists to pay for what they've done" he said back, before looking at Anima and Korra smiling at them "ah, your that Anima girl, my daughter keeps talking about" he said and Anima got up and bowed to him "hopefully all good" she smirked and he laughed a little "don't worry, all she has to say is good about you, it was nice to properly be acquainted" he said before walking out of the building.

During the short conversation Korra felt a little jealously about Asami swooning over Anima but let it slide as Lin went up to Anima and Tenzin took Tahno to an interrogation room "where were you last night?" she asked in her usual stoic tone but on the inside, she was worried for her daughter "I was at Asami's house but that's not important, I need to know something" Anima said getting straight to the point of her visit.

Lin raised an eyebrow "depends what you want to know"

"is Tenzin my father?" she asked and Anima saw Lin tense up for a second but she kept her cool "why do you want to know, you've never asked about your father before"

"I'm asking now because I know you used to date him, now spill before I ask Gran gran Cara" Lin sighed as she glanced at the floor but then back at her daughter "I only knew I pregnant after we broke up" she started "he didn't know you was his untill Mama-I mean Cara told him, when you was 7" Anima's mouth hung open a little as she put the peaces together.

"is that why you were angry at her?" she asked and Lin nodded "yes" she simply said, not wanting to go into detail about how she regretted what she did so long ago.

"anyway, you got what you wanted now scram, I got work to do" Lin stated as she walked off to the interrogation room that Korra had just come out of.

The two girls then went home back to Air Temple Island, the night time air was cool with a slight breeze, Anima was laying in her bed on the verge of falling to sleep untill her door opened with a slight squeek, she opened her eyes and saw the blurry fugue of Korra "Korra?"

Korra nervously walked closer to Anima's bed "I-I had a nightmare" she started and held her right arm "c-can I sleep in your bed tonight?" she asked shyly.

Anima smiled a little before lifting her cover up letting Korra slide in, the water tribe girl snuggled deep into Anima's chest, wrapping her arms around Anima's toned body.

Korra then breathed up through her nose and felt safe as she smelt Anima's sent, a warm feeling rose all over her body as she felt sleep cloud her mind, she didn't really have a nightmare, she just wanted Anima to hold her, which she suckseeded at as right now the girl in question was stroking her hair while her arms were around Korra's upper half. The two then closed their eyes, letting sleep consume them