Making Up With The Family

Anima's eyes opened slowly before she looked over to see her mother still asleep but keeping a gentle hold on her, she smiled, a little thinking her mother kept hold of her all night.

She looked round and saw it was 4am on the bedside clock, she raised her eyebrows slightly surprised that it was 4am, not wanting to disturb her mother she gently got out of the bed and quietly made her way towards the door, Anima wanted to leave her mother to sleep in peace and she wanted to see Korra.

She closed her mother's door and proceeded to her and Korra's room, when she opened the door she saw Korra tossing and turning, she knew Korra wasn't having a nightmare because she would feel Korra's distress.

Anima walked closer to the bed and gently got into covers and brought Korra into her embrace. The Avatar sighed contently as she snuggled closer into Anima's embrace not opening her eyes as she knew it was her girlfriend.

Anima closed her eyes once again and fell to sleep and woke up just as Korra got off the bed at 9am "morning Amy" Korra greeted her with a smile and a little kiss on her head "morning, did you sleep ok untill I got in?" Anima asked and Korra shrugged "well it was hard to get to sleep without you but I did eventually, it just wasn't good sleep if you know what i mean" Korra explained as Anima stood up and walked towards her neat folded pile of clothes "how was Lin?" Korra asked as she put her hair up.

Anima smiled slightly as she remembered the night before "she's ok, I think the little out burst helped her" Korra looked at Anima weirdly "you call that a 'little out burst' she and Su nearly destroyed the garden" Anima rolled her eyes as she put a light purple top on "fine a big out burst but it still helped her, I bet when go to breakfast she'll be smiling"

"are you feeling better?" Korra asked and Anima nodded "I'm feeling so much better, I just hope all the family drama has gone now"

Korra got up after they finished getting ready to open the door "flawless before beauty" she gestured for Anima to go through the door making the girl chuckle "I'm anything but flawless, but thank you Kory" Anima kissed Korra before walking out the door.

Korra couldn't believe what Anima just said "you are flawless Anima, I can't believe you don't see how beautiful you are" Anima chuckled and gently grabbed hold of Korra's hand "if I'm flawless then you're a goddess" Korra blushed a little at Anima's words "well I guess I am pretty beautiful" Korra says with that smug/egotistical look that Anima loved "what have I done, I've just fed you're ever-growing ego" Anima face palmed making the Avatar laugh as they entered the dining room.

"morning love birds" Asami greeted them as Anima looked round the room not finding her mother "wheres my mom?" she asked as her and Korra sat next to Asami "she's still sleeping" Anima hummed as she began to eat her breakfast "I guess fighting your sister takes a lot more out of you then I expected"

After breakfast everyone went off to do their own thing expect Anima who followed Korra so she could teach her metal bending, being a Beifong she wanted to learn it badly, after so long Anima began to get worried, her mother had now being sleeping for 16 hours so herself, Korra, Mako and Bolin were now stood outside the chiefs door.

"uh, who's gonna knock?" Korra asked before pushing Bolin towards the door who immediately went back behind Mako "oh! No no no no no no not me, you're the Avatar why can't you do it? , and she's technically your mother in law" Bolin stated causing Korra to stutter a little "I can, but-" Korra then firmly placed Anima in front of the door "Amy is her daughter so she should do it" Anima rolled her eyes as she knocked on the door "uh, mom, you've been sleeping for 16 hours. I just want to know of your ok"

The door suddenly opened and standing there was Lin in a similar outfit to Suyin's, the young adults thought they were going crazy when they saw an actual smile on her face, not one of her small smiles, a full smile "Ani, good morning" the chief says before hugging her daughter and then walking off.

They all just stood there shocked Anima especially "what just happend?" Mako asked as he broke the silence "I have no clue" Korra says as she went in front of her frozen girlfriend "Amy? Are you ok?" the Avatar asked as she gently held both of Anima's hands "I-I-I" Anima couldn't get any words out all she did was smile brightly as her eyes shined brightly, Korra smiled a little as she saw the same happy eyes she loved so much.

A few hours later Anima was sat in Su's library reading about her Gran Gran's adventures with her Grandma and Avatar Aang even though she'd heard them lots of times from Cara, she still loved reading them.

"they're both so sassy, I love it" she chuckled as she read a line from the book about Toph and Cara, as she was reading the door opened and Lin walked in causing Anima to out the book down as her mother walked and sat next to her "I've come to say that I'm sorry for how I've been since we got here" Lin says as Anima smiled slightly "it's OK-no it's not" Lin interrupted her daughter.

"I came a long way from the person I used to be, cold and moody isn't what I want to be, I wanted to change for you. But all it took to take me back was to to come here, and I'm so sorry for making you upset" Anima hugged her mom as she saw little tears going down the woman's face "you're so important to me, Ani. I can't believe I almost ruined how close we've been" Anima sniffed as she let tears come down her cheeks as she smiled at her mother.

"please don't go like that again" Anima pleaded making Lin nod with a sincere smile "I promise"