What's Under The Lake?

"wait, I've just realised something" Anima says as Korra, Tenzin, Anima and Jinora climbed onto Oogie "what?" Korra asked as she sat next to the taller girl, Jinora sat on the other side of her sister with her arm interlocked with the purple eyed girl "My Gran Gran said she got brainwashed by the Dai Li and I'm wondering, how did she get brainwashed?" Anima asked to anyone who wanted to answear but nobody spoke she so she just continued to talk "she's blind, so how did they brainwash her?" she continued and everyone realised the young girls revelation "Cara bearly told anyone, she kept saying it was to painful to talk about" Tenzin says as they took off towards the lake.

Anima groaned as she looked down "that's gonna be on my mind for ages now" Korra chuckled as she placed her head on Anima's shoulder "just don't think about it"

The group flew to the lake and landed on a little island in the middle of the lake "now you stay Nora, can't have my little sister hurt" Anima smiled as she ruffled up Jinora's hair a little earning a chuckle from the young air bender "I'll be fine, no need to worry Ani" Jinora sat down on the sand with her legs crossed and took a deep breath before she closed her eyes.

The young Airbender was sat there for a few moments before she stood up "what happened?" Korra asked "did you see anything?" Anima added but Jinora shook her head with a disappointed face "the air benders aren't there, its completely deserted" she says earning a surprised face from her father "they're not down there?"

Anima kneeled down next to her sister "you've read all about Ba Sing Se, is there another secret hidy hole the earth queen could hide air benders?" she asked her sister, the young air bender thought for her a moment "I guess they could be in the catacombs beneath the upper ring, or the ancient sewers beneath the lower ring, or the maze tunnels that connect the rings together, or they could be-there are too many places" Tenzin sighed which stopped Jinora from talking "there has to be another way to locate them"

Korra thought for a moment but then remembered something "maybe there is" Korra then leaned down slightly, placing her hand on Jinora's shoulder "how did you find me and Amy during Harmonic Convergence?" she asked the young air bender who shrugged slightly "I don't know, I just kind of focused on both your energy's, I think our spiritual connection led me to both of you" Jinora explained "maybe you can find Kai the same way, I know you two have a connection" Korra smiled slightly but Tenzin's eyebrows raised slightly "what do you mean 'a connection?" he asked as he stroked his beard "I don't know, let me try" she then sat back down and closed her eyes again.

Later on when the group returned to their accommodation provided by the Earth Queen Jinora informed everyone what she learned, making Korra angry "I can't believe Miss Queen Smug-face ha them right under our noses the whole time!" she yelled as Anima hugged her from behind to calm her down Korra still held her angry face but leaned into the purple eyed girls touch "we have to get into that compound tonight and get those air benders out" Tenzin says with his arms crossed.

"all right, we go under the cover of darkness, two small insertion teams and a third on the outside, then all we'll need is 12 tons of blasting jelly, a medium sized bulldozer and-does anyone have a badger mole that knows norse code?" Bumi asked interrupting his own battle plan.

"yeah but left it in my other jacket back at the temple" Anima smiled jokingly before a knock could be heard "oh  great not the queen again" Asmai groaned annoyed, they all tried to act as normal as possible as Bolin got all the animals out of sight.

Tenzin opened the door and everyone was surprised to see a curtain grumpy earth bender "Mom? What are you doing here?" Anima asked surprised to see her mother "we need to get Anima and Korra out of here immediately, their lives are in danger" Lin ignored her daughter as she faced Tenzin "what!?" the two girls says as they went in the middle of the two older people "what's going on?" Korra asked but Lin still forced her gaze on Tenzin "I just got word from Lord Zuko, Azula and Tonroq"

"why is Lord Zuko and Azula with my dad?" Korra asked but still Lin focused her attention on Tenzin "Zaheer and the others have escaped" Tenzin's face went a mixture of scared and shocked "how is that possible?"

"because Zaheer is an Airbender now" Tenzin gasped as his face showed pure fear "alright slow down, who's Zaheer and why is my and Korra's life in danger?"

Tenzin sighed as he turned towards the two girls "shortly after we found out Korra was the Avatar, Zaheer and three others attempted to kidnap her, luckily Tonroq, Lord Zuko, Azula, Chief Sokka, Cara and I were there to stop them. We apprehended the criminals and locked them away in prisons designed to impair their abilities" Tenzin explained.

Anima and Korra looked at each other before Korra looked down "so that's why you and my dad sheltered me away" she realised and gently grabbed Anima's hand "wait, if they tried to take Korra, why didn't they try to take me as well?" Anima asked.

"because nobody knew you was her spiritmate, Korra was found to be the Avatar when she was 5, you didn't start bending till you was 7 and by that time they were already behind bars" Lin explained and Anima held Korra's hand a little tighter, the thought that she wouldn't of even met Korra because of these criminals made her sad and scared that they might get her this time "why were they trying to kidnap me?" Korra asked but Lin just shrugged "we spent 13 years interrogating them, but they never broke, to this day, nobody knows what their motives was"

Lin then walked up to the two girls "now we need to get you back to Republic City where you both can be protected" Korra shook her head as she lowered her eyebrows "no, I'm not running"

"maybe we should go back, these people sound really dangerous" Anima says and Lin agreed "these criminals are like nothing you've ever face before" Korra still shook her head "look, I'm not a little kid anymore, you don't need to protect me, me and Amy can handle them besides, I came here to find air benders and I'm not leaving without them"

Lin sighed "fine, let's get'em and get out of here, where are they?" she asked "in a military compound, and were busting them out"

Anima looked down and thought about the new information she learned, these criminals sounded dangerous if it took 6 people to take them down, including the fact they were all masters in there own fighting style, it made Anima bite the inside of her mouth with nervousness thinking about just how dangerous these 4 people are.