Chapter 28: Not Ready

"So I need to tell you something" I say to Liam.

I came over to his house to tell him about going to stay with Lisa for a bit.

"Oh my god Leela! Who's the dad?!" He says with his eyes going wide.

"Well.....wait what?! You think I'm pregnant!?" He's kidding right?

"Nah I'm kidding what's up?" Thought so.

"Well the other day I was just thinking about basically everything. And I just realised that I needed a break from where I am. I just don't feel happy here. I mean not that I was ever really happy here. I just need some time off. Time to get my head round everything that has happened these past few weeks. At first I tried to just accept everything but honestly I just couldn't. I don't know how to look after myself anymore. I need someone to be here with me. Be in a more positive place rather than a depressing home all by myself. Yes I have Cameron next door but he obviously can't do much. I need a family. A family who will make me feel safe. And I know that it all just sounds so random but it's true. Sometimes I genuinely think that I need mental help because I think that I've got depression. And I just feel I'll just never get better... Yesterday night I called a lady that I know. Her name is Lisa and she's the lady I was supposed to stay with after my parents had passed away but as you know I insisted on having my own house after care home. Lisa has a husband named Erik and they have 3 kids together who all live in Cheshire. They were my foster family. They are such a lovely family and I regret not living with them from the start. So I gave her a call and asked if I could stay with her a bit. Not forever I promise! Just long enough to make me happy again. I'm really sorry" I explain. I take a deep breath waiting for his response.

"Ohh..." Is all that comes out of his mouth. I could tell he was taken aback.

"I mean I totally understand that your past hasn't been very great. And I feel sad that you're feeling very miserable. But I still love you and you're such a kind hearted person" He says a few seconds later. I smile at his last sentence.

He opens his arms for a hug and I instantly put my arms around him. We stay in the position for a while until Liam looks down at me with an expression I couldn't put into words.

"How about I throw you a goodbye party at my house?" He says.

"No Liam you don't have to. It's not like I'm going there forever and besides I don't have many friends" I say. It's true though. I don't have many friends except Shawn, Liam, and Cameron. And I just realised they're all boys.

"Well I'll invite my old high school friends. Maybe you can meet them before going to Cheshire" He says.

"Nah it's ok" I say

"Pweees" He says looking like a lost puppy with his eyes getting all teary.

"Liam are you really crying?" I laugh.

"No"

"Yeh you are!"

"Whatever just please let me throw a party for you please. Please" I think about it for a moment and think why not. It's just a party.

"Fine!"

"YES!" He hugs me hard.

"But only on one condition.."

"Go ahead"

"You have to pay the pizza delivery man who'll be here any minute"

"That's fine by me" He agrees.

"But wait, does Cameron know about you going to Cheshire?" I take a second to think about it..

"Well-"

"Haven't you told him yet?" Liam asks.

"No you were the first person to know. I'm sure I'll tell him at some point though.

"Well you need to tell him as soon as possible. He cares about you a lot Leela. I don't know if you see it because I do" Liam says and my heart warms.

I know Cameron cares a lot. I know that. But I don't know if he's ready to find out yet. Or maybe I'm just not ready to tell him.

__________________________

That's all for now people!!

Remember to read my second completed book called 'Bullying' and my new one called 'The Wedding Organiser'

Hope you liked this short chapter and remember to list your comments and thoughts on this chapter because I'd love to know.