Chapter 4: Hannah & Hello New Leela

The fact that Hannah would be here any minute to give me a makeover made me rethink my decision all over again. I mean, did I really want this?

Of course you want this Leela. You asked for it and maybe it's time.

I nod to myself. Perhaps it was time for me to get my shit together and start fresh. It was needed. I'm sick and tired of looking at myself like some sore loser. I need to freshen up a little. Maybe this is the chance for me to finally build up some courage and become more confident. These past few years I lost myself. Ages back I knew exactly what I wanted, the goals in life, my future, my education, friends. Everything was going perfect and boom it al crumbled down and hit me in the face like a thousand bricks at once. I was not in any way prepared for it and it's time that I fix that.

In this moment in time it was a huge struggle to get myself together for sure. I waited anxiously and minutes felt like seconds every time I stared at the crooked almost broken clock on my wall.

It's a makeover, not the end of the world  I mentally note to myself.

But I should be happy right? This was my time and chance to reform. This was for the better.

I should feel excited for once in my life.

***

A few minutes later I hear a doorbell ring.

My eyes widen but I immediately drink some water and calm myself down a little.

Just stop being so nervous geeez!

I run over to the door and without saying anything or even looking at her, I crash in for a hug. I couldn't hear a sound though which was odd.

And in all honesty, felt hard and muscular.

I looked up to see Cameron smiling at down at me. And I mean a genuine smile.

I must admit, my heart was beating so fast but it was such a warm smile I almost melted right there. And then it hit me. I was hugging cameron.

"I uh...I'm...uh..sorry I didn't see you there. Sorry" I quickly said.

And in a split second his heart warming smile instantly turns into a cold frown.

"What the f*ck is wrong with you" He says dryly.

"Im sorry" I repeat, my cheeks flushing from embarrassment. Seriously what was wrong with me. Which sick person does that. I cringe to myself.

My thoughts drift back to Cameron and what just happened. I just didn't get it though. One minute he'll be smiling down at me like he's looking at his dream pet and now he standing there looking at me in disgust. I wondered why he was even at my door in the first place.

"What do you want Cameron?" I say not daring to even look him in the eyes.

"I wanted to know the answers for our Math homework" Of course. I mentally roll my eyes. If only I could do that right in his face. Oh how flustered he  would be if I ever built up the confidence to do that.

As if.

I walked over to my school bag, which was leaning on the sofa and searched my bag for our math homework. Once I had found it, I handed it to him and as soon as I did, without a thank you or anything he just left. Just like that.