Chapter 5: Beating hearts & Beautiful

It was the day. The day we go back to school and the thought of it made my stomach flip and make me feel nauseous. I sure was anxious for people to see me looking like this. I think of all the possible comments I'll get from people. What if they think I became a slut? What if they think I finally had enough money to look like this? What if they thought I was trying to impress someone?

I tried to avoid these thought because I knew the more I think about it the more likely I am to screw things up. I wanted to act casual and normal. I wanted to walk through them school doors like nothings changed. They can stare. I'll just carry on.

I stick a chewing gum in my mouth, sigh and lock my door before moving my feet to walk to school. I take out my iPod and plug in my earphones, I instantly click on the song 'Hello' by Adele.

That song is so beautiful and it has a very interesting yet incredible meaning to it. It literally made my heart melt with every word she sang. I hum to it quietly as I walk.

As I was walking, i see a small cafe and instantly stare at my reflection in the glass building. I pause my music and immediately my mind goes back to how people in school will react to my new 'makeover' I stare at my outfit one last time.  A pale cream dress, almost white actually paired with a maroon cardigan with some plain black boots and a few bracelets that I had so I could cover all my visible scars (since foundation seems to fade away fast)

I take another deep breath and think to myself.

Remember, you are not doing this for anyone. This is for yourself. If it makes you happy then nothing else matters.

I knew I was right. I wasn't doing this for anyone. I wanted a change, so that's simply what I did. My character? It's still there. My personality? It was still there. Me? I'm still here.

I resume my music and carry on walking to school. I don't want to overthink this anymore. I was just going to pretend that this was a regular day to school.

***

I was now standing in the second gates. Hearing all the kids talking and laughing with their friends made me upset knowing the fact that, that will never be me...

Cameron's pov

I was listening ( I say listening but instead thinking about Leela) to Connor talking about how he spent the night with some chic named Felicity at a wild party. Apparently they were having it, and in the middle of it, her boyfriend walked in on them. The dumb hoe and him forgot to shut the door properly. Idiots.

So as he's talking about the part when the boyfriend walked in, he suddenly looks at something or possibly someone behind me leaving me confused. I follow his eyes to meet them with a beautiful girl. She really was beautiful. Her perfect toned legs, her small petite body. Her beautiful long brown her almost like Leela's.

No it can't be. She gets out her binders from her locker and I look at the familiar binder.

Oh sh*t. That is Leela. And I just called her beautiful.

Oh Cameron. You're a real prick.

COME SAY HI/ STALK ME:
INSTAGRAM/ lnnocentlies (with an L at the beginning 😉)