Chapter 15: Why did I have to fall for you?!

I woke up feeling exhausted from yesterday. Honestly yesterday just felt like a blur. I forgot it happened for a second, and when I replay everything that went down yesterday, I wanna cuddle up with Cameron and cry my heart out

I felt stupid. How could I trust someone I didn't know well enough. I just wanted to pretend it never happened and it was all just a horrible nightmare. I can't believe I was close to letting a scumbag screw my relationship up with Cameron. I should have believed him from the start. Somehow he just knows what's best for me and it frustrates me that not even I know.

Last night me and Cameron had the best night ever. We watched a few movies, ate food, played our favourite music from when we were younger, and we talked about...everything. Everything we missed out on in each other's lives. It made me realise how much I really missed him. For a second it had felt like we were 8 again. Young, free, ourselves. I don't even remember how I fell asleep. All I knew was that Cameron wasn't next to me like he was just a few hours ago. A part of me wished he was still here to hold me, tell me everything is okay, and laugh with me at my stupid jokes. Having his presence around me made me feel safe. Like everything was okay, and everything will be okay. I felt sane when I was with him and he was all I wanted.

My heart starts racing when I  unlock my phone to see that he had sent a text 17 minutes ago.

Cameron: Good morning beautiful. How you doing today? x

I feel butterflies in my stomach and I probably looked like a psycho the way I smiled down as I re-read the message.

Me: Good morning. I'm doing okay I guess. I just woke up

After yesterday when I realised how much I was actually falling for Cameron, something felt so strange. In a good way of course. Each second I would steal a glance at him, everything felt so different. The worst thing is, he doesn't even know that I like him. And what's even worse he doesn't like me back in that way, which honestly hurts like a bullet in the heart.

But there's no chance that we'll ever be together.

Finally I somehow manage to roll out of bed. First thing's first. A shower is all I needed right now. Just some time to freshen up and feel myself again.

Maybe 30 minutes later or so I walk into my bedroom to get changed for the day. I throw on a white tank top with a pair of fresh black jeans.

Before leaving my bedroom, I noticed my guitar. I haven't played it in a long time. I do miss it.

Music is one of my favourite things and will always be. I've loved it since I was 6 and it will always will be a part of my life. It's the lyrics that I love the most about a song. I believe the words in a song are the words we can't say out loud. And that's my favourite thing about it.

I slowly walk up to my guitar and decide to maybe play a song. What's there to sing? How about sirens? Cher Lloyd?

~verse 1~
I carry the weight of you in my heavy heart

And the wind is so icy

I am numb

I carry the weight of you heading back to start

With a thousand eyes on me I
stumbling

~Pre- chorus~
I am tired

I'm growing older

I'm getting weaker everyday, yeah

I carry the weight of you x2

~chorus~

Lay down here

Beside me in the shallow water

Beside me where the sun is shining on a steel

Lay down here

Beside in the hallowed water

Beside where the silver lightning stays until

The sirens calling

~Verse 2~

We follow the sun down low till we hit the night

And you hold me so tightly

It's hard to breathe

Oh-oh

And I'm tired

I'm growing older

I'm getting weaker everyday yeah

We follow the-

I was interrupted by a knock on my door. Seriously now? I sigh as I carefully put my guitar down and make my way downstairs. I open the door to see Cameron standing there.

"Hey" He says with a smile on his face.

I instantly feel happy and a smile creeps onto my face.

"Hey! Come in" I cheer.

"So, I came to talk about yesterday. Are you okay?" He speaks.

I wanted to say I was okay, but I wasn't okay. Before I think of a valid answer, Cameron shakes his head.

"Sorry that was a stupid question" He says

"No it's fine...I'm not mad at him. I'm mad at myself for trusting him in the first place" I admit.

"I guess love is difficult" he sighs.

My eyebrows scrunch together in annoyance.

"I wasn't in love with him! I've only known him for one or two days now. And besides that doesn't matter. I was always in love with someone else" I mentally slap myself regretting my chosen words.

He looks at me with a shocked but confused expression.

That's when I wanted to wish this conversation never happened.

"If you don't mind me asking, who?" I knew that question was about to come up. I was hoping he'd just leave it and talk about something else. Now what am I supposed to say. Why did I have to put myself in these situations.

"Well he's a guy..." I say slowly.

"Of course he's going to be a guy Lee, what are you trying to say?" Cameron laughs at how stupid I sounded.

"I don't know! Let's talk about your love life now. So do you have a crush?" I say turning the table on him. He instantly turns uncomfortable making me nervous. Suddenly my heart rate increases by a mile and I wished I wasn't talking about this right now. Especially with him.

"I don't know...there's no one that I actually like or have a crush on"

~Cameron's pov~

"I don't know...there's no one that I actually like or have a crush on" Lies! Lies! Lies! I fucking like her for heavens sake! Maybe even love. I don't know. She drove me insane! I couldn't even think straight. I actually felt insane.

Yesterday I realised that I want to be the one to hold her when she has a bad day. That I wanted be the reason for her beautiful smile. That I'm basically falling for her. Fuck. I swore to myself that I wouldn't. Never would. Especially after I bullied her.

Why couldn't I like someone else? The thing is, she likes someone else. Meaning I don't even have a chance with her. What was the point of me even trying? If I knew I couldn't have her.

If she didn't even like whoever this guy is that she's crushing on, she probably still wouldn't even date me. After all I did bully her. And I will never forgive myself for that. I was so stupid.

Ugh! Why did I have to fall for her!?

Make sure to comment your thoughts on this chapter. It was one of my favourite to write. Thanks to all those votes. I appreciate every single one of you who read this book of mine. I love you all so much! x

Mikeyisangelic :)