Chapter 17: Shawn & Smile

I knew something like this would happen. I was too stupid to think that he 'Loved me' It's so pathetic.

They eventually stop making out and walk into Cameron's house (Probably to finish their little make out session) 

I sigh and start taking a little walk down the streets.

All I needed was a calm fresh mind, and to not be thinking about what just happened 3 minutes ago.

I didn't realise, but bumped into someone.

"Sorry I didn't see you there" I apologise first.

"Nah it's fine. I'm shawn" He holds out his hand.

I look up to see a tall boy, brunette hair, and a sweet smile on his face as he holds his hand out.

"Leela" I shake his hand.

"So Leela, what are you doing here alone?" He questions.

"I don't know really. I just wanted to get some fresh air, get my mind of things. You know that kinda stuff" I reply.

"Oh same here" He says smiling. "Do you want to go get some coffee or something? It's really cold out here"
He suggests.

"Umm...Sure why not"

We both walk to Starbucks. It was a 10 minute walk. It was kinda awkward at first because we literally just met 15 minutes ago, but then it didn't bother me and it was a comfortable silence.

We arrive and I order a blubbery muffin and some hot chocolate and shawn gets a chocolate muffin and coffee.

"So want to play 20 questions?" He asks taking a sip of his coffee.

"Yeh why not" I smile

"Ok how many siblings have you got?" He asks me

"I don't have any siblings unfortunately" I say taking a sip of my hot chocolate.

"I've got one sister and a brother" He says.

"Cool. Now my turn to ask the questions. What's your hobby?" I ask him.

His face lights up at my question. "Definitely singing"

"Me too" I say excitedly.

"My turn. Would you like to go to the movies with me?" He asks

"Well- wait what?" I ask him. did he just say go to the movies?

"Would you like to go to the movies with me tonight?"

"Oh well that's not really how you play 20 questions" We laugh.

"But yes. I'd love to go to the movies with you tonight" I smile.

"Great. Well anyway I better get going. I have to do some grocery shopping for my mum. " He says bored "Oh and could I have your number?"

"Yeh sure" He hands me his phone and we swap phone numbers.

"It was really nice meeting you, Leela. I'll text you later" He says to me.

"Okay bye " I say and head back home to get ready to go to the movies.

***

After 737377473 minutes I finally find the perfect outfit to wear which was a light blue sleeved shirt, My go to Topshop Joni Jeans, along with my everyday vans, and some simple makeup.

Shawn said to be ready by 6:30 pm and right now it was 6:29pm. He'll be here any minute now.

I realised that Shawn actually took my mind off Cameron. Shawn is charming and sweet and I like that we share our interests in a lot of the same things. He plays guitar like I do and lives alone. He told me that he's always wanted his own apartment and when he turned 18 his parents surprised him with one. He's lucky to have a very supportive family.

I eventually hear a soft knock on the door. I swing the door open and see Shawn wearing a maroon jumper with black skinny jeans.

"Hey, Leela" he says with a smile on his face reviling his cute dimples.

"Hey Shawn. Nice to see you again"
I say back.

After our little conversation we walk to his car and drive off to the movies.

***

We walk inside the movie theatre and buy some snacks before finding a seat to sit down.

Shawn was kind enough to pay for the snacks which by the way were quite pricey for some reason. I insisted on paying myself but he was fast enough to pay the guy before I was.

We make little conversations about the movie as we walk to find a seat. As we are walking up the stairs, I notice a blonde and brunette sitting together as they're both practically eating each other's faces off.

Oh god please don't say it's them. Please god for once make a miracle happen in my crazy life.

I tried taking a look at them slightly and turns out it is them.

Kill me now

Cameron's pov

"Babe but we never go on dates. We are together after all, and we haven't even been out together" Nicole says in a "cute" baby voice. ugh. I hate having to do this.

"It's only the first day and you're already asking for a date?"

"Oh please Cameron. I'm your girlfriend" Woah I never mentioned the  word 'girlfriend' to her yet. She's so desperate.

"Ugh. Fine. How about the movies?" She jumps excitedly.

"Yes Cameron your the best boyfriend ever. Normally guys just- " She  rambles on and on about something but I was too caught up with my thoughts, I don't know what on earth she was saying.

Leela was always stuck in my mind. And I don't know why but I kinda regret asking for Nicole to come over. It just really didn't feel right. But I'm going to have to keep going.

***

We sit in the movies while other people arrive. I realise that we're sitting next to a familiar looking girl and a random boy with brunette hair.

I look to my right and see Leela and some other dude next to her. She was laughing and he was smiling down at her.

I could feel my knuckles tighten.
_________________________

Twitter: Eternallovehes
Kik: Hey_idiot_egg
Instagram: Eternallovehes

Made this longer than the usual chapters! (Kinda)

Tell me in the comments what you think. I'd love to know your thoughts and what not. Have a good day wherever you are in the world.