Chapter 55

After Robin left Rose's cell, she starts strolling down the stairs, to the room that CP9 held her in, when Blueno meets her halfway.

"You managed to get anything out of her?" Blueno bluntly asks which Robin barely reacts to.

Instead, she just quietly sighs and puts on a cold facade, even with her heart still hurting. "You were right. She was nothing but a filthy demon after all. Thank you for opening my eyes."

The agent could care less about the gratitude, and it's clearly shown on his face. "What about her knowledge? You said she didn't mention us, right?"

Robin keeps a scowl on her face from her experience with the outsider, because she still has mixed feelings about her. Of course, she's still furious about how she held all those secrets about her, but the sight of her crying after she slapped her can't escape her mind. Rose looked so broken, and yet all she would talk about was that they weren't alone in this. Something about that faith, reminds her of when Saul would tell her that she would have true friends in the future. Whether or not Rose was speaking from her heart though, or just using her knowledge to manipulate her, is anyone's guess...

She clicks her tongue at the ridiculous thoughts swarming her mind, and looks Blueno in the eye. "That's right, she didn't say a word about your unit. When I spoke to her, she was tight lipped like always. From what I saw in the past, she's oblivious to everything, so I doubt her knowledge had anything on both you and the Straw Hats."

Thanks to her poker face being perfected for years, Blueno wasn't able to catch on to her lie. He gives her a look of satisfaction before he beckons her forward.

She follows him back to their meeting room, with a feeling of dread dwelling in her heart. She knows that she can't go back to the crew, but deep down she wishes that what Rose said is true. That they'd be willing to save her from this fate, and accept her for her past.

Even though she wishes for it though, she knows that it can't happen. The crew may be trusting, but even they must have their limits, right?

After all, she's turning a whole city against them, and will be treating them like they're her enemy. Adding to the fact that she almost strangled Rose to death, there's no way they can forgive her. And even if Rose promised to rescue her, there's no way she can get out of those cuffs. The only way she'll be free is if she cooperates with the CP unit that caught her, and takes Sengoku's deal...

Robin softly sighs at the doubts, but she knows it to be true. The only reason she lied to CP9 about Rose's knowledge, was so they wouldn't back out on their deal. The one to let the pirates leave the island unharmed, and to let the outsider use her research to get out of this world. That's the only way she could think of for all of them to live.

As long as they can survive, she can accept her fate and end her misery. She keeps that resolution strong as she walks into the interrogation room with Blueno to wait for when it's time to take on their mission to attack Iceburg.

************************************************

In a small, white, clinic, on the outskirts of the city, Rose is passed out on her stomach, with her torso stripped down to her bra, while a doctor is treating the new wound on the back of her shoulder.

The old, slender, man, is currently stitching up Rose's wound, on the bedside, while the weapon shop owner that brought the girl in, is keeping her arms on the bed, so that the doctor can do his job.

The blue haired doctor finishes up his stitchwork, rubs an ointment for the small burns from the explosion, then grabs her right hand to see the bloodied handkerchief on it from when Nishiki stabbed her hand. As soon as he removed the makeshift bandage, he widened his eyes at the horrible treatment to her hand. "What the hell happened here?!"