Chapter 2

"Is it too late to go back to the ship?" Rose questions her decision, because after five minutes of exploring the island, she finds herself standing with her back against a tree, and staring face to face with a T-Rex that's taller than the tree behind her.

She gulps when she sees her reflection from the dinosaur's large, golden, eyes, and tries to stay as still as humanly possible. *Holy freaking shit, this is nuts! As long as I don't move he won't see me and go away... Right?*

She holds back from trembling until the dinosaur starts baring his fangs which only confirms one thing for her. *THAT THEORY'S A LOAD OF BULL CRAP!*

Just when the dinosaur tries to bite her, Rose jumps out of the way. The reptile misses his prey and bites into the huge tree that was behind her, lifts it from its roots, and bites through it like a toothpick.

Rose pales at the sight before she runs like a bat out of hell with the dinosaur in pursuit. *Of all the dinosaurs to meet it had to be one of the deadliest ones! What the hell am I gonna do now?!*

She keeps running until a giant triceratops comes charging at the T-Rex from the side. The T-Rex takes the blow from his opponent, but stays standing to use his thick skull to headbutt him.

Rose stopped and turned around to see the two dinosaurs fighting with dread. *I'm gonna be lucky to survive the island before I meet anyone...*

She makes a run for it while they're distracted until she completely lost sight of them. When she knows for sure that she's at a safe distance, she leans to the side against a papaya tree and sits down to catch her breath. *Wow, this really is the One Piece world. Don't think I could run for my life like this in any other anime.*

She softly chuckles at the joke she made in her mind, but loses her smile when she realizes that she has no idea what she'll do if she meets the Straw Hats. *Maybe I can ask them for a ride to Alabasta, and try setting up shop as an astronomer after the craziness dies down. Drum Island wouldn't be good since the winter clouds block the sky too much, and spending time with the crew a little longer would be awesome too.*

She nods to her plan as she grabs the papaya tree to get up, which accidentally shakes it. The shaking makes one of the fruits fall from the tree, and hits her head before it hits the ground.

Rose groans from the hit as she rubs her aching head. "Ouch, what the-?!"

She cuts herself off when she takes a closer look at the papaya, and sees that it's light blue with black swirls decorating the entire fruit. "A DEVIL FRUIT?!"

She quickly picks it up and looks it over to see that it's the genuine article. *Holy shit, what kind of power is it?!*

She stares at the fruit, and silently wonders if eating it would be worth the bad taste until her stomach starts growling. She stares at the fruit blankly for a second before she sighs. "Right, I didn't eat today... I'm not much of a swimmer anyway, so whatever power won't be a bad trade off."

The second the Rose took the first bite of the devil fruit, she placed a hand over her mouth to stop herself from throwing up. *EW! THESE THINGS REALLY ARE GROSS!*

She forces herself to eat the rest of the fruit then she gives the tree a strong side kick, so that it drops a normal papaya. She grabs the fruit, and starts munches on it as quickly as possible to take that rotten taste out of her mouth. *Ugh, that's the grossest thing ever! What kind of devil fruit was it anyway?*

She finishes the fruit then waves her arms around for some kind of reaction, but nothing happens. *Oh well, I'll find out later. I'd better-!*