Chapter 59

On the broken off car of the Puffing Tom, Sanji, Sniper King, and Shriek are stuck waiting for their friends to pick them up. While they want them to get out, a part of them is dreading to tell the others that they not only failed to bring their friend back, but lost Luffy's queen as well.

That thought alone sends them shivers because they know how Luffy would react to the news. Still, with what they learned about her, they're both wondering if they should tell the others as well...

"Do you think any of them know about Rose-chan?" Sanji asks the superhero duo, with them looking at each other.

"Well, hard to say. From what I heard from Usopp; he had no idea. What about you Shriek? It seemed like your friend Zira knew more than he did."

The bird sadly stares at her partner for a moment before she steps back to look at both men, and explained how Zira and Rose met.

Throughout the story, both guys held faces of surprise about how Rose was caught and escaped, but didn't say anything until they heard about what Robin did.

"She strangled her?!" Sanji asks with disbelief that this could be her.

"Yea, she didn't stop until she was on the brink of passing out. Even after all that, Rose would just say that they're not alone, and that she won't stop trying to help her."

The bird starts growing angry when she remembered Robin's attitude, and looks to both her partner and Sanji. "I'm pretty sure she knew something like that would've happened if she said anything to the crew. There's no wonder why she kept all this to herself."

Both Sniper King and Sanji were practically hit with a block of guilt over their heads from that line, because they don't have room to argue if Robin reacted like that.

Still, Sanji couldn't believe Robin would go that far. Especially if they're both on the same boat. There has to be something that he's not understanding, but he won't be able to get that answer until they rescue the girls, so he holds off on wondering about it for now.

Sniper King feels the same way, but has another idea to get the answer, and that's from the backpack that the wind girl left behind.

He goes over to the backpack, and starts to look through the contents for his mission.

While Sanji would normally tell him not to invade her privacy, he also feels that something in there could help them understand Robin's actions, so he lets him go through it.

Unfortunately though, Sniper King couldn't find anything that can help them explain Robin's behavior. On the plus side, Sniper King was able to find her collection of combat based dials stored in her outer pocket. "She had her own stash?!"

He pulls out all the shells, then gives the bag to Sanji for him to review the contents, with the chef only finding Rose's survival gear in there.

As the superhero looks through the various seven shells, he starts to come up with different ideas that he can use to power up his giant slingshot before the fight. He grins behind his mask as he starts to pick out the ones he could use, but freezes when he sees both the impact and reject dials.

He can immediately tell the pink one is the impact dial, based on his past experiences, but he doesn't recognize the reject dial. He only knows that it must be a similar type of shell as the impact dial due to the design, and that it has a strap on it just like the impact dial does.

With an idea to keep them as a last resort, he straps the impact dial to his left shin, then does the same to his right leg with the black one, so that his arms are mainly used for sniping. Once that's done, he grabs the other five dials, and starts tinkering with them to give his weapon as much power as he can get until their friends arrive to pick them up.