Chapter 3

After Little Garden was well out of the crew's sights, Luffy, Rose, Usopp, and Carue were busy playing around on the deck. The only thing that could stop them was Sanji walking out of the kitchen with a large smile after he finished cooking. "Rose-chwan, lunch is ready!"

He loses his smile as he scowls at the boys. "Come and get your food too, shitheads."

Luffy didn't need to be told twice as he dashes into the kitchen and leaves the others in the dust. The others follow him inside to see Sanji placing the most delicious food Rose has ever seen on the table, that the rest of the crew is seated in. Rose couldn't take her purple eyes off the meal as she takes a seat in between Vivi and Nami.

Nami sees Rose staring at the plate in front of her, then smiles, and pats her on the back. "You can relax; it's not going to go any-!"

The navigator cuts herself off when she sees Luffy stretching his hand from across the table to swipe some of Rose's food, but before she can say anything, Rose grabs her fork and stabs his hand!

"Ow!" Luffy pulls his hand back from the plate causing the group to look at Rose in shock.

The wind girl completely ignores everyone's stares as points her fork at the captain with a smirk decorating her face. "Sorry Luffy, but I've lived with two professional food pickers for seven years. You gotta do better than that if you want a piece of my lunch."

The others laughed at the declaration before everyone began to eat.

As soon as the wind girl takes the first bite, she almost melts in happiness of tasting something so amazing. She wastes no time in digging in, and does her best to not waste a single crumb.

Luffy continues eating his meal while trying to swipe some of Rose's food again, but she blocks his hands every time with a fork in one hand while she continues to eat with the other by using another fork.

The others watched with interest as Rose managed to keep up with Luffy's hands throughout the entire meal.

"Wow, I've never seen someone able to keep up with Luffy before." Vivi says as she keeps her eyes on the dishes.

Sanji nods as he watches the food picking war. "She's really impressive."

Carue nods in agreement as Rose and Luffy continue their food battle.

Rose took the last bite of her lunch, before Luffy could take a piece, then chuckled in amusement. "I told you I'm not a beginner. Better luck next time."

Luffy nods to the challenge with a small smirk. "Got it."

Zoro sweat drops at the agreement between the two kids. *Did she just declare a food picking war with Luffy?*

Usopp chuckles at the show as he keeps eating. "Looks like you need to practice more Luffy."

He brings his fork down to get the last of his food, but the utensil only met with the plate, because Luffy swiped the last of his lunch. "LUFFY!"

The captain swallows the last of his food before he tilts his head in confusion. "What? You told me to practice more."

"NOT WITH MY FOOD!"

The rest of the group laughs at the squabble before they get back to their lunch. Once everyone was done, they placed their dishes in the sink before they left except for Sanji and Rose.

Rose walked up to the sink, where Sanji was about to do the dishes, with a friendly smile. "Thanks for the food Sanji. Mind if I help out with the dishes?"

Sanji freezes at the offer before he quickly shakes his head. "There's no need for you to do that. You're a guest here."

"Exactly, since you guys are giving me a ride it's only fair that I pull my weight somehow. Besides, it's faster if we work together." The brunette says as she shows no signs of leaving.