Chapter 17

The crew's journey felt painstakingly slow as they traveled through the scorching desert for the rest of the day. The reason that it's so painful is that at the back of the herd, Rose and Luffy are still arguing about her joining the crew.

"I'm not joining you Luffy!"

"What's so bad about being a pirate?!"

"I never said there's anything bad about it!"

"Then join my crew!"

"For the last time no!"

Sanji finally couldn't take her distress anymore, and turns to the back of the group to glare at Luffy. "Luffy, leave her alone! If she doesn't want to join, then you shouldn't force her!"

Luffy scowls at the command before he points to the brunette next to him. "Why do I have to give up? She's the one being stubborn!"

Rose grows pissed by the remark coming from the stubborn pain in the ass. "You have no right to call me that! You're practically the king of stubbornness!"

"I'm not the king of stubbornness; I'm gonna be king of the pirates! That's why you should join-!"

"Shut the hell up already!" She accidentally loses her temper, and makes a strong gust of hot wind to push him away.

The rest of the group stops and looks in shock to see her wind knocking Luffy on his butt. Rose frantically stops her wind then looks around to see everyone staring at her. She sadly frowns at everyone's eyes on her before she turns away from Luffy. "Sorry..."

She quickly walks past the group while she keeps her focus on her feet to avoid their stares. Still, with knowing that their eyes are still on her, she feels like a piece of crap.

The others watch her walking off for a moment, before they move to catch up to her. Luffy quickly gets up and tries to reach Rose, but Usopp places a hand on his shoulder to stop him.

Luffy looks back at his friend to see him shaking his head, before he speaks out of the wind girl's hearing range. "Give her some time to cool off. She'll send you flying at this rate."

Luffy looks back at Rose for a moment before he sighs in defeat. "Fine, I don't get why she won't join though..."

Ace looks back at his brother with a small frown before he goes next to him. "Then that's what you gotta find out. Once you know why, then you can do something about it."

The younger brother blinks at the advice before his large smile returns. "Great idea! Thanks Ace!"

"Anytime Lu." Ace softly smiles at his brother as he and the others start catching up to the group.

Rose continues to walk ahead at a small distance while Eyelashes walks up next to her with Nami and Vivi on his back. The brunette however, doesn't notice them with her head down in guilt.

Vivi and Nami exchange a worried glance to one another before Vivi turns to Rose. "Are you alright?"

Rose snaps out of it before she gives them a small smile. "Yea, I'll be fine. Sorry about the wind."

Nami shakes her head at the apology. "It's not your fault. Luffy never knows when to stop."

"You got that right..." Rose says as she rakes her hand through her bangs. She looks back to see that they still have a small distance from the guys, then turns back to the girls. "Hey Nami, do you have any tips?"

Nami quirks an eyebrow at the question. "Tips?"

"On how I can change Luffy's mind."

She blinks at the request before she chuckles. "No, but if you ever find one then pass it to me."