Chapter 39

The green haired swordsman stares down the mysterious girl in front of him, and thinking of what to ask first. Once, he has a few ready, he works on getting some answers. "How long have you been in this world?"

Rose grins at the harmless question before she looks to the stars. "Since the day I met you guys at Little Garden."

Zoro is dumbfounded by the quick answer, because of how calm she was not only on the island but also when meeting the band of pirates. "So, you planned on coming here?"

She sighs at the question before she faces him, and lightly scratches the back of her head. "No, I came here by accident. The night that I left my world, I saw the comet for the first time. I didn't know how to leave that place back then, so I made a joke that a wish would do it."

She chuckles at the joke that she made before she lifts up her necklace to show off her crystal under the lantern's light. "Turns out the joke was on me, because this beautiful gem absorbed enough of the comet's energy to grant it while I was asleep. The next thing I knew, I woke up on the deck."

He immediately becomes shellshocked at the answer, and stares at the heavy sleeper with wide eyes. "You woke up on our ship?!"

Rose holds herself back from giggling at his surprised facial expression, and looks to the Merry's head. "Yea, you guys already left when I showed up. I figured out that you guys were pirates, so I left to avoid getting in trouble for sneaking onboard."

He nods at this, and is grateful that she gave him some booze. He takes a drink to help him process the story then looks at her. "You still didn't seem freaked out when you met us."

"That's because when my folks were alive, we made guidelines on how to blend into other worlds." She digs into her bag until she takes out a lamp dial, and her journal.

She flips through the pages until she reaches the guidelines and turns on the lamp dial to shine a better light on the book. "I'm still updating it as I travel, but there are some very useful ones in here."

Rose keeps shining a light over the book while Zoro takes the book and reads a guideline out loud. "Guideline # 1: Don't tell anyone your origins until you learn how the Timore comet's viewed in that world. Depending on how it's viewed, you can either tell those that you trust or don't tell them at all..."

He widens his eyes at the hefty guideline and looks to her in disbelief. "You can't be serious about this..."

She shrugs as she takes the journal back. "If I told you guys the truth when we first met, would you honestly believe me and not be suspicious?"

He stares her down for a moment, but he knows that she has a valid point. "Fair enough, but that doesn't explain how you knew about Alabasta when we first met. You even knew what devil fruits were."

He pauses when another question pops up in his mind. "Wait, are your powers even from a devil fruit?!"

She giggles at the worried question and raises her hands up defensively. "Relax, the story of how I found my devil fruit was true. Besides this wind power, I'm the same as any other human girl you know."

The swordsman settles down by the answer, but that doesn't settle all his questions. "Ok, but do devil fruits exist in your world?"

She tenses up at the question, because she knows that they're going into the heavier details now. "No, they don't exist in my world. The reason I know about them is why I'm so hesitant in everyone knowing..."

Zoro raises an eyebrow at the tenseness before Rose takes a small breath.

Once she's ready, she gets it over with as quickly as she can. "You see, the books that we read are basically windows to different worlds. That means what we're reading is actually happening in another world. Where I'm from that's especially true because we have access to thousands, if not millions, of stories that show a different world's past and future. This world is no exception to that."