Chapter 35

Rose can only stare at the photo of the One Piece version of herself and try to process the new information calmly. She knew that it was possible for her to meet her doppelganger on her journey with the crew, but she never expected it to happen so soon. Most of all, she never thought in her wildest dreams that this version of her would join up arms with the same government that she despises!

She shakes her head from the distressing news of having to be the marine's enemy, and calms herself down by remembering the guidelines that she and her family made involving doppelgangers. "We're not the same person, we just have the same face. And I guess the same voice too..."

The wind girl sighs at the weird discovery, but she can't deny that this is a perfect way to blend in the base. With that in mind, she makes the best of the situation by grabbing the makeup kit from the trunk, and going through it for things to make herself look exactly like the girl in the photo.

She finds an arrangement of color contacts in one of the compartments, and can't help but be impressed by the vast collection. She scans over the rainbow of lenses for the green ones, but stops when she sees that a pair of purple contacts are missing. *Her friend mentioned that she was wearing contacts. Did she wear the ones that match my eyes?*

The brunette holds herself back from laughing at the irony before she gently picks up a pair of dark green contacts that match the photo's eyes. She goes to the wall mirror and forces herself to pry her eyes open until she got the contacts on each eyeball.

"Ack!" She grumbles in irritation while she blinks the tears away. *How the crap does this girl wear this?!*

She lightly rubs her eyes to help get used to them before she looks to the mirror to see that her purple eyes morphed into a pair of green orbs. "Whoa, that's actually pretty cool."

She looks through the kit until she finds some cover up for her freckles. She lightly applies the foundation onto her nose and cheeks, then puts the kit away before she grabs the photo. When she looks in the mirror, with her face next to the marine's portrait, she sees an exact replica of the doppelganger's appearance. Even their bangs, and hair color match to the point where she'd doubt anyone could tell them apart.

The fake marine chuckles in satisfaction of the new disguise, and looks out the window to see that she still has time before the sun comes up. "I'd better go."

She makes sure that her necklace is hidden under her shirt before she puts away the makeup kit and photo, then places her regular clothes in the trunk as payment for taking the uniform. Before she closes the box though, she looks to the two stuffed envelopes and takes them out of the bunker with her.

The wind girl casually walks around as if she knows where she's going until she sees some officers walking in her direction. She gives them a small grin as she walks up to them to test the disguise. "Hey guys, can you help me?"

The two boys stop walking before they give the imposter a grin. "Sure Lily, what you do need?"

She holds back from flinching at the fact that her doppelganger also has a flower name, as she looks around. "I need to go to the library, but I forgot how to get there. Can you point me in the right direction?"

The officers were taken aback by the information before they start chuckling.

Rose raises an eyebrow at the laughter and wonders if she said something out of character. "What?"

One of them calms down and gives her an apologetic grin. "Sorry, we're just surprised that you of all people forgot where the library is."

The other one nods as he points to the hall behind them. "I guess keeping your nose in the books when you walk could do that. Just go down this hallway until you find a staircase. Then go down a floor and head straight until you find the giant doors. You can't miss them."