Chapter 38

After disguising the ship as a marine battleship, the crew gathers on the dock to discuss the plan to retrieve the gold.

Usopp lays the map flat on the ground for everyone to see, then points to the vault that's at the end of one of the hallways. "You're sure that this is where the gold is Robin?"

The archaeologist smiles at the spot before she answers him. "I am, it's their largest vault and is a dead end, so it's easy to set a trap there."

Nami nods in approval before she looks to the crew. "Alright, it might be dangerous to go in a large group, so we should split up. I need to get my waver before we go too. I hid it over here."

She points to a field that's on the other side of the island.

"Alright then, we'll split into three groups." Usopp says as he looks to Rose, Zoro, Luffy and Robin. "You guys and I will go after the gold."

The pirates nod in agreement as Usopp looks to the chef. "You go with Nami to get the waver."

"That's a wonderful idea Usopp!" Sanji says with hearts in his eyes as he stays close to the navigator, who's also grinning to the plan.

Lastly, Usopp looks to the reindeer with a smirk. "Last but not least Chopper, you get the important job of guarding the ship! When we come back injured, be ready to heal us!"

Chopper freezes at the order before he salutes him with an eager smile. "You got it!"

"Alright, let's get going then!" Luffy says as he starts running out of the dock on his own.

The others in his group follow him with Rose staying in the back of the herd. The wind girl looks back at the crewmates who aren't going to see Nami and Sanji getting to a rowboat.

As Sanji happily grabs some oars to paddle with, Nami gets on the raft and keeps her brown eyes on the chef.

When Nami feels like she's being stared at, she looks to see Rose smirking at her before she points to Sanji with one hand and gives her a thumbs up with the other, as she runs. Nami looks at her in confusion before she looks to Sanji, and freezes when she realizes that Rose is acting the same way she does when she roots for Rose and Luffy to get together. She turns away from the taunting girl in embarrassment and doesn't say anything to add fuel to the fire.

Rose chuckles in victory before she returns to the task at hand and catches up to her group just as they reach the outdoors. The group finds that the sun has long since set, and takes advantage of the cover of night to sneak into the forest path.

Usopp catches up to Luffy and points him in the right direction. "We need to go into that building there!"

Usopp points to the building ahead just when they hear something slashing in the air, and look up to see that a giant shuriken is heading for them!

The sniper screams in fright as he and the others jump back to dodge the ninja weapon.

Robin looks up at the direction it came from and finds a male marine in the trees, who's smirking at them while holding another shuriken, that's half as small as the last one. "Looks like this base has ninjas now."

"NINJAS?!" Luffy and Usopp yell in shock as they jump to dodge a pair of kunais that was aimed for their heads. They make a run for it with Robin putting the marine she found in a clutch until he lost consciousness.

Zoro blocks three incoming kunai, that came from another direction, with his swords. "How many of them are there?!"

Rose widens her eyes at the attack, when she realizes that this is an attack from the weapon's unit. As soon as she opens her mouth to say something, a few throwing stars phase through her and hit the tree to her right.