Chapter 57

With sounds of a massive struggle happening outside of the mansion, Nami and Chopper are grateful that they're nowhere near whatever chaos is going on out there. After Nami, Chopper, Luffy and Zoro made it to the mansion, there was an explosion which caused Luffy and Zoro to split up. They left the two remaining members of the crew's weakling trio to fend for themselves.

Unsure of their safety in the rising chaos, Nami and Chopper rush into the mansion to try to find Luffy before they could get minced.

Whenever they'd see a carpenter, they turned tail and ran for their very lives in a random direction in the house. Whenever one could get close, both pirates get into fight or flight mode by clobbering them enough to knock them out either with a furry fist or a thunder tempo.

The deeper they travelled inside, the harder they had to fight to keep themselves from getting hurt. Even so, with all the insanity around them, they can't find any signs of Luffy anywhere.

After managing to escape the carpenter mob for the fifth time, they find themselves alone in an empty hallway on the second floor.

"How big is this place?" Chopper asks as he looks around, but can't find any sign of his captain.

"I don't know, but he should be causing a commotion soon. We just need to follow that-!"

She stops when she hears a window breaking ahead, followed by some screaming. "When I get my hands on that fucking wind bitch, I'm going to give her the slowest death possible!"

The two pirates look at each other, before running off in that direction in hopes of finding Rose. What they found though was all the more terrifying. That sight being Zoro and some masked maniac, who's cackling from his own madness, caught up in their own epic battle.

The amount of killing intent that both sides are emanating with each swing is enough to make someone believe they're trapped in a nightmare rather than in real life. Sadly, both Nami and Chopper know that it's all too real, so they start stepping away from the match.

"Z-Zoro's fine here, we should go back to looking for Luffy..." Chopper meekly suggests with Nami quickly backing him up.

"Let's get out of here!" She runs off with the reindeer not far behind, with neither fighter noticing the audience leaving as quickly as they came in.

Nishiki is holding his own here with not only his speed, but for the fact that he's using his sword with his right hand and hurling weapons at him with his left hand whenever he gets the chance.

Zoro's able to block the throwing attacks, thanks to the target training he did with Rose and Usopp, but is having a hard time landing his attacks with his speed matching his. After blocking another shuriken, he rushes to slash his side, but Nishiki jumps back to avoid the attack.

While in mid-air, the ninja throws two small bombs at him, but Zoro is quick to hit them back with the back ends to the blade.

Nishiki instantly shaves away from the bombs just as the small explosions hit, and goes to block Zoro's hits with his sword. His injuries, though, delayed the move by a few seconds for him to narrowly escape Zoro's attack.

Zoro noticed the pause in his movements, but doesn't hold back in the slightest. Instead, he forces his adversary on the defensive by creating a barrage of his own attacks. One after another, his blades make a graceful swing from every angle with the intent to kill.

Nishiki barely makes the blocks in time, until after the fifth blow, when he manages to use an instant shave to reappear behind Zoro. He goes to stab him in the back, but Zoro pulls his arm behind up over his shoulder, bends it down for his sword to block, before he kicks the ninja's stomach to send him flying back.